Acer Helios 300 PH315-55-70N Where do I find screen response time when browsing laptops here?

Options
DanielsNameOnHere
DanielsNameOnHere Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

I had an Acer Helios 300 from costco that I was almost satisfied with but I found the screen to be really blurry whenever there was motion happening on videos, games, or even notepad. Apparently my model had a 9ms response time on a 165hz screen. So i returned that and figured I'd see what the other helios 300 models had. However, viewing each one doesn't mention the screen's response time. Is there a page that shows more info?

Here's some of the web pages I was browsing for example:

https://www.acer.com/us-en/predator/laptops/helios/helios-300/pdp/NH.QB6AA.005

https://www.acer.com/us-en/predator/laptops/helios/helios-300

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023
    Options

The Predator Helios 300 PH317-55-59J9 Gaming Notebook laptop that you gave a link to above have different range of response times and vary with the screen that is fitted to them. The 9ms 165Hz refresher rate screen that you got on your Helios 300 from Costco is what these laptops screens specs are, and its one of the better quality screens also. These laptop have one better screen which is the 8ms response rate at 360Hz refresher rate which is the top screen spec for these laptops, and its the AUO part #: B173HAN05.4 HW:1B screen, so get a predator that has that screen.

These laptops screens range from a 144Hz to 360Hz refresher rate and from a response time of 8ms up to 25ms. Below is the list of the screens fitted to the PH317-55 laptops and the others like the PH315-54, PH315-55 as you can see the screen that you had on your Helios 300 from Costco at 9ms/165Hz is the BOE screen and is one of this laptops higher spec screen. If you are not satisfied with the screen then get an external screen and connect that to these laptop😁 like I've done.

Predator Helios 300 PH317-55 screen specs

• DanielsNameOnHere
    Options

Thanks for the links and indepth info regarding screens. The costco laptop i got was an Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-55-70N1.

I'd preferably like a laptop screen that has a response time that's lower than 1 / it's Hz. Otherwise i find screens to be dizzying when there's motion at a high framerate.

• DanielsNameOnHere
    edited June 2023
    Options

I'm curious, did my Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-55-70N1 come with overdrive mode for the screen? Was that why i saw the 3ms label on it? Maybe that would have solved the motion blur/ghosting i was experiencing with the screen. I returned the laptop so i can't check now. I didn't know about this possible feature.