Acer nitro 5 N20C1 doesn't turn on after new thermal paste

Options
7senx
7senx Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Recently I changed my thermal paste on my Acer Nitro 5 N20C1 and cleaned the fans, when I put it back together and tried to start it nothing shows up, if I plug it in the battery indicator shows up but as soon as I press the power button again the battery indicator dies. I noticed as I press the power button sometimes the light indicator turns on for a millisecond and then dies along with the battery indicator.

I tried everything, but nothing worked.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,889 Guru
    Options

Hi @7senx,

Do a thorough inspection make sure that all connectors are seated correctly (including the CPU_FAN, battery, flat cables).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Options

You need to do a Hard Reset, which is taking the main battery out, disconnect the bios battery and the ram out, leave all components disconnected for 15min, and then reconnect all, as your laptop should reboot. As its very strange for a laptop to not work when doing a basic clean and repasted of the cpu and gpu.

While waiting the 15min, go through all the connections and work that you have done when repasting the cpu/gpu. Check the thermal module and fan connections and look at any plugs or look closely if you haven't broken any tiny capacitors off the motherboard as that can happen.

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,889 Guru
    Options

After removing the CR2032 and system battery, it is normal the system to take longer to start than usual. It can also restart several times (usually 3x).

• 7senx
    Options

I checked everything.....i did not touch anyhting i was not supposed to touch

I did this multiple times.. never had a

• 7senx
    Options

I tired this but still did not work....i read on orher websites that it could be short circut.

I will have to take it to the repair shop to take a look at it.