Aspire E 15 E5-575-320p When trying to do a live boot with usb stick Blue screen: ERROR 0X1A

Options
TessaMary
TessaMary Member Posts: 68 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi, i am having some severe problems with my Aspire E 15 win10. It starts a bootloop
flashing text: 'system reset' followed by the Acer logo.
In the BIOS can only change date and time, but they are correct. Everything else except 'exit' is greyed out!
When trying to do a live boot with usb stick Blue screen: ERROR 0X1A security violation
Press any key to perform MOK management
security boot fail

It is all quite daunting.
Would be nice if someone could help me out.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The bootloader on your boot drive is missing or corrupted, that's why the system fails to boot to Windows (boot loop).

IMO, that error pertains to booting with the Windows USB recovery drive only, if you created that stick and you were able to boot with it on your laptop before there may be a conflict with the Secure Boot setting that needs to be disabled temporarily (which you are unable to do). If the stick was made on another PC (W11?), verify that you can boot with it on a W10 PC, or get/make a new Windows10 Recovery USB flash drive.

If the above suggestions or booting with a USB Recovery drive fail, consider bringing tour laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset BIOS and reinstall system to factory settings.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

For the ERROR 0X1A which is this windows code error»> STOP: 0x0000001A Blue Screen Error Code is a bug check indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.so see that guide to fix it, as its a memory hardware related. That is why you cant boot and your laptop is in a loop. Restart your computer to the normal mode

The first thing to do when you meet 0x0000001A error is to restart your computer and make it back to the normal Windows system.

How: Hold your computer’s Power button for about 5 seconds to restart.
    If you can’t reboot your computer into normal mode in this way, you need to enter safe mode. After that, restart the computer to see if the system was back to normal.

Check your RAM

One of the reasons for the 0x0000001A blue screen error is poor contact, defective or mismatched RAM (Random Access Memory).

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The bootloader on your boot drive is missing or corrupted, that's why the system fails to boot to Windows (boot loop).

IMO, that error pertains to booting with the Windows USB recovery drive only, if you created that stick and you were able to boot with it on your laptop before there may be a conflict with the Secure Boot setting that needs to be disabled temporarily (which you are unable to do). If the stick was made on another PC (W11?), verify that you can boot with it on a W10 PC, or get/make a new Windows10 Recovery USB flash drive.

If the above suggestions or booting with a USB Recovery drive fail, consider bringing tour laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset BIOS and reinstall system to factory settings.

• TessaMary
    Options

HI StevenGen + Puraw, thanks for trying to help! I will open the case to reset the CMOS. Hope that will do.

• TessaMary
    Options

hi Puraw, I've found a good video online how to change the keyboard. That's how i've found the CMOS battery and reset BIOS.

THAT WORKED!

Thanks a bunch!