Aspire 5 is slowing down and slow to respond, with wait flag constantly .

AJP4TO
AJP4TO Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

My laptop is slowing down and slow to respond, with wait flag constantly coming up.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,334 Trailblazer

Hi @AJP4TO please indicate the exact model of the equipment and the version of Windows installed.

Do you have HDD or SSD?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• AJP4TO
    AJP4TO Member Posts: 2 New User

aspire 5 A515-45 series

• Can you explain the problem better. There are several causes for the slowness:
    a) check hd and ssd health with crystaldiskinfo.
    b) amount of available ram memory.
    c) processor overheating.
    d) some malicious program installed on the computer.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,989 Pathfinder

System maintenance, uninstall bloatware, Avast and any other 3rd party AV apps, check if you have 2x 4GB DDR4 and your RAM speed is 2667 MHz (Task Manager Performance tab). Purge your caches: Run Storage Sense, click on the Temp. bin icon at the bottom of the Storage Sense menu, it may find hundreds of GB redundant Windows update files like OldDos, delete all that. Update W10 to 22H2, optimize your HDD/SSD (trim/defrag). If you still have a mechanical 2.5" Sata HDD, replace it with a 2.5" Sata SSD (Samsung 870 EVO). Finally upgrade to Windows11 if you haven't done that yet. 😉

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

Another thing that you should check is your Wi-Fi/BT card if its antenna black/white wires haven't come lose from the card, as that can make your laptop lose signal or there is something wrong with your network. Network issues are many and its not always due to your laptop

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,334 Trailblazer

If you have HDD, download and run the standard version of the following application to check the status of the disk.
    If you have an SSD, it is not necessary and you will have to look for other reasons for the problem:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,831 Guru

Frustratingly A515-45G and AN5 series (with AMD Ryzen processors) has BIOS with bugs, outdated and vulnerable AGESA/SMU code, where Acer in turn makes light of it and simply ignores the problem.