Aspire 5102WLMI - System interrupt win 10 issue.

gigillo
gigillo Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi alla,

i've installed win10 on my old aspire and i've system interrupt process that use always about 30% CPU.

Someone tell me try to upgrade bios.

I've 3.09 version and i've found in olt thread 3.13 is latest version but it cannot be download anywere.

Someone can help me to solve this issue or to send me v3.13 file link to donload it?

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,334 Trailblazer

Hi @gigillo as you know, the equipment is already discontinued and Acer removed the download page, so it is not possible to verify the latest BIOS version available for the equipment.

Downloading that version of BIOS, in the event that this is possible, from a site without guarantees can harm the equipment, also, we do not know if that version, if it exists, can solve the problems that you mention.

On the other hand, the equipment was designed to work with Windows XP, from Windows XP to Windows 10 there are two big leaps in technology, there was a leap from Windows XP to Windows 7 and another from Windows 7 to Windows 11, so Windows 10 It is not designed to work with this type of equipment, even many installations are not possible due to processor limitations.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• gigillo
    gigillo Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited June 2023

Hi @Alejandro_AC , thenk you for your reply.

The system work great also with win10 but have this issue that, as i've found, is most popular with acer laptop.

My last chance is to update the bios that in my motherboard is also one of first releases.

Thank you.

• Alejandro_AC

What is the name of the service that consumes those resources?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 2,831 Guru

The system interrupt may be related to device driver issue or hardware problem.

• Alejandro_AC

It doesn't appear to me, maybe it's only visible on Windows 10.

All the best.

X (Twitter)