Nitro AN515-46 I found a clicking, crackling sound when using my laptop and adjusting the sound

Options
max_kast
max_kast Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hi all.✌️
Found clicking, crackling sound when connecting external speakers and headphones, when adjusting the sound and not only, tried different drivers, but the problem is not solved.

The service center said that the problem is software, although I put different operating systems Win 10, 11 and everywhere the problem.

Video of this problem is attached.

Nitro AN515-46 NH.QGZEP.009

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,249 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023
    Options

I don't see a 3.5" RCA audio jack on your vid so you are using Blue Tooth. Update your Blue Tooth driver and pair the devices properly (you don't say what drivers you tried, check the BT versions).

• max_kast

Tinkerer

Options

Connection via 3.5 RCA audio jack.
    Drivers from realtek : 6.0.9427.1 , 6.0.9468.1 etc.

• max_kast

Tinkerer

edited June 2023
    Options

On all realtek drivers..

• max_kast

Tinkerer

Options

The video shows the connection through a 3.5 RCA audio jack.
    The versions of the drivers on which the crackling is the same as on the video: 6.0.9427.1, 6.0.9468.1 etc. all from realtek.

When connecting via bluetooth there is no crackling.

• Baranczak
    Baranczak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi. Did you solve your problem? I have this same.

• rberga
    rberga Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options

Man, You saved my life! Ty so much. But, There aren't no definitive solutions for this problem? It's very weird, only specific realtek version works without this crackling

• Dave_Nitro
    Dave_Nitro Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited April 14
    Options

Same Problem Here in Peru with my Laptop . The driver given by max_kast seems to fix the crackling sound a little bit . The realtek Audio console and other softwares seem to interfere, too. So I have doing some configurations on them like disable the noise cancel. I hope is only driver and not hardware.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 200
    Options

Please try below troubleshooting steps:-

Method 1:

How to remove and reinstall your audio driver in device manager

1. Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard at the same time.
    2. Select Device Manager.
    3. Expand the section for sound, video and game controllers
    4. Right-click and select Uninstall for each item in the sound, video and game controllers menu.
    5. Restart your computer

Method 2:

How to download and install a driver from the Acer Support Site

1. Visit the Drivers and Manuals section of the Acer support website.
    2. Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model.
    3. Choose your Operating System.
    4. Select Driver.
    5. Locate the driver you want to download and click on the download link. The file will be saved in your Downloads folder by default.
    6. Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the file.
    7. Right-click the downloaded ZIP-file and then click Extract All Files.
    8. Double-click the folder that has the same name as the downloaded file.
    9. Locate and double click the setup.exe or install.exe file you want to install.
    10. Click Yes when prompted to allow the app to make changes to your PC.

• Dave_Nitro

Tinkerer

Options

Hi thanks for the support. I uninstalled the driver and add driver provided by the web. It seems everything is working well again with the laptop. I’ve been testing the sound while open websites tabs, listen to music and using zoom. Everything is going smooth.

I Think I discovered the mother of the problems of our laptops. It's Windows 11 our new Vista or Windows 8. As soon as I connected with this brand-new laptop to the internet. Windows downloads updates that mess the configuration of the laptop. The laptop seems to work well with the built drivers; but Windows without asking you, updates some drivers like the Realtek, Intel drivers and others. I saw even a Bios update that I’ve already blocked from the windows updates. Another thing that I’ve noticed when went from Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2 some Quick access notifications disappear so I had to reinstall the Acer Quick Access.

• Dave_Nitro

Tinkerer

Options

I have a question. On the main site. There is an updated version of the sound driver; however this new driver is having the same problem we're talking about. I tested it, yesterday. Why did Acer upload a driver that is having this problem? They didn´t test it.

Let me know if someone find a new working driver. By the way, I haven´t try to use the basic drivers of windows 11 not the realtek; but the high definition ones.

https://www.acer.com/ar-es/support/product-support/AN515-58/NH.QFHAL.00R/downloads