Problems with a the brand new ACER Aspire7 A715-51G-794M

Options
Tito4499
Tito4499 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone, This is my first post here. I have bought a brand new ACER Aspire7 A715-51G-794M (the i7 version) on the 1st of June. It's my first time buying an ACER product and I bought it because it has a very good hardware compared with its price. It came with DOS and I installed Windows 10 Pro latest version. Anyway, since I've bought it, I faced many issues that really bother me.

1st issue: Sometimes when I shut down the laptop or even restart it, it shows the acer logo and the screen goes black. I can realize that the windows really boots but the screen is black and I can hear the windows sounds when I use keyboard shortcuts or receiving notifications or even the keyboard lights are on. I searched on youtube through my phone and found a fix for this problem which is whenever I face this problem I turn off the laptop through holding power button then connect the power cord to the laptop and press this combo together: (Win + B + Power Button). I do not really what this combo does but it really makes the windows boot normally. If anyone has an explanation please tell me because this issue really bothers me

2nd issue: The colors of the screen is yellowish. Since I have bought the laptop, I noticed that its screen colors are not natural and are warm. I tried to calibrate the colors through calibration tool in windows 10 to make the colors look cool not warm. I successfully calibrated the colors and it became more cool than before but still not like what I want it. I compared the colors with my old LENOVO laptop that I bought in 2019 and noticed that the old one has more natural colors and high brightness than the new one. I have the latest drivers for my both intel UHD and nvidia RTX 3050 graphics cards.

3rd issue: The sound of the laptop speakers is very low. I need to raise the volume to 100% to just listen to clear proper sound of any content whether online or offline. Is that normal? because on my old LENOVO laptop I just used 30% of the volume to listen to a normal clear sound. I am using latest drivers from the acer support webpage for my laptop. Any help???

4th issue: Since the new laptop has a good graphics card, I tried to run a game on it just to test it. I installed Marvel's Spider Man Remastered with its latest updates and found out that my RTX 3050 is using just 50% or less of its power which causes frame drops, the fps don't even reach 60 fps with low settings, and whether upscaling is on or off, the fps still don't reach 60.

Finally, I know that I have many issues, but these issues for a brand new laptop with such hardware really bothers anyone. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

This is a Windows11 machine, not compatible for Windows10. I recommend you install Windows11Pro.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

All the issues that you are experiencing and have listed above are due to you running this laptop on Win-10 Pro OS, this laptop is a Win-11 laptop and what you listed above has all been fixed in Win-11. If you have a BOE screen, then there is a bios update to fix that also, update the bios to the last Version:1.08 as that will also improve performance.

Also and if you are running Win-10 Pro on this laptop then you can upgrade to Win-11 Pro for free, do that and do a Clean Install of Win-11 Pro.

Note: the LED screen fitted to this laptop range from 60 Hz (#1 to #4 screens with the 30-pin video connectors and can't be upgraded to 144Hz or 165Hz) and the two 144Hz 40pin video connector screens, that are the only screens that can be upgraded to a 40-pin video connector 165Hz refresher rates screen like screens #5 and #6 screens below. Click those links for further details on the 165Hz screen upgrades.

Vendor & Model name:

1. CEC PANDA FPD - LM156LFCL13 - (60Hz / 30 pin video connector)
    2. AUO - B156HAN02.1 - (60Hz / 30 pin video connector)
    3. CMI STSP BRANCH (Innolux) - N156HCA-EAB - (60Hz / 30 pin video connector)
    4. BOE - NV156FHM-N48 - (60Hz / 30 pin video connector)
    5. CEC PANDA FPD (BOE) - LM156LF2F01 - (144Hz can be upgraded to 165Hz - 40 pin video connector)
    6. AUO – B156HAN08.4 - (144Hz can be upgraded to 165Hz - 40 pin video connector)

• Tito4499
    Options

So, if I upgraded to Windows 11, all of these issues will be fixed??

• Tito4499
    Options

I updated the bios to the latest version since I bought the laptop and the same issues still exist. If I upgraded to Windows 11, all of these issues will be fixed?? Regarding the part of your comment about 30 pin or 40 pin, I do not really understand its relation to my issues.