Acer X28 How to apply Monitor driver update?

Options
firebolt059
firebolt059 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Predator Monitors

I have an Acer X28 that is randomly goes black for 2 seconds. I was told to apply the monitor driver update.

When I download the folder I get three files. What do I do with these files?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,635 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Device Manager. Expand Monitor folder. Right click generic pnp
    monitor. Click update driver. Click browse my computer for driver. Go to
    folder you have the setup information XB283K KV.INF file. You really
    should turn on show filename extensions in FileExplorer app so you can
    see which files are which.

Jack E/NJ

• RyzerT
    RyzerT Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

Did this resolve your issue? I'm having the same issue but can't seem to even install the driver, I get a message saying windows has determined I'm already on the best driver

• RyzerT
    RyzerT Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

So after a chat with a acer support agent, they've literally just said this monitor isn't compatible with windows 11 and it's an issue with windows not their monitor, which is ridiculous given i was running an older gsync monitor beforehand that worked absolutely fine. Will be returning the monitor and avoiding acer at all costs going forward

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,635 Trailblazer
    Options

I get a message saying windows has determined I'm already on the best driver

Go to this link and download the Win11 driver for the x28. If it still gives the same result, then an errant Win11 update is likely causing the issue which we can try to identify and block using Control Panel restore point app.

Jack E/NJ

• Zodiac011
    Zodiac011 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Acer needs to make a new version of the driver and or firmware because 1.0 is clearly faulty. The EDID shows that overclocking the refresh rate just doesn't work, it's set to 0-0hz instead of 1-152hz which means you can't use the advertised 152hz refresh rate. I've tried so many things, I've got barely anything from Acer. Quite literally the best option is to avoid their products, I've used 2 monitors from them in the last 7 years and both were riddled with problems.