[Support]Fix Swift SF313-53G Laptop Display Line and Distortion issue (Urgent)

Options
macxfadz
macxfadz Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

I bought this laptop from Sweden, I've only been using this laptop for 1 year and few months, Currently residing in Sri Lanka.

Few days back, When I was watching a movie on my external display (Acer Nitro Monitor), my primary display top side got some flickering and suddenly these lines as images below occurred, when I hovered mouse cursor over it I could see some duplicates images of cursor and icons.
😐️ These lines appears even in BIOS menu/Window

😐️ There is no any lines appears in external monitor.

😐️ Sometimes there is some unusual heat beneath the laptop and around the area where lid and lower body connected.

💡 Please this is pretty urgent since I am a Master Student, and I am stuck with this, Also I don't want to end up with duplicate low quality replacement parts, please tell me to be whom should I inform this in Sri Lanka ?

💡 With the symptoms is this fault of Motherboard , Graphic card or Display Panel or Ribbon?

Please help thank you.😶

[Edited the content to hide personal and sensitive information]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry. As I mentioned earlier, the LCD video cable connectors should be re-seated a few times to help clean the contacts. If you don't want to tackle the disassembly job yourself, you might try to contact Sri Lanka affiliate to see if they can somehow handle the issue under warranty even though purchased in Sweden. Either that or google search the keywords laptop repair sri lanka. There seem to be a few shops with good reviews. Should only take about an hour for an experienced technician to do the job.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

With the symptoms is this fault of Motherboard , Graphic card or Display Panel or Ribbon?

Do you see similar distortions/lines when you tap F2 on startup to enter the BIOS menu screens?

Jack E/NJ

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

edited June 2023
    Options

Yes, as I mentioned it appeared in BIOS Window as well, but not in external monitor.
    What it could be ? Display panel ? Graphic card ? Ribbon or Motherboard Power?

Please tell me how to proceed with Acer Warranty claim and contact respective personal ? because I lost the documents of this notebook when I moved from Sweden to Sri Lanka

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

edited June 2023
    Options

Please look following images, these line and neighbor fields are flickering color changing happened, now the condition is worst…

[Edited the content to hide sesitive information]

• JackE
    Options

My best guess is that the LCD video cable connectors simply need to be re-seated a few times at the mainboard and screen base to help clean the contacts. Not a major job. But disassembly of the screen bezel, hinge cover & bottom cover is required to access connectors.

Unfortunately, warranty service is usually only available in the country of original purchase. You might try to contact Sri Lanka affiliate at this link to see if they can somehow handle the issue..

Jack E/NJ

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks Jacke, I sent them a message through FB , but no respond yet. So you best guess is LCD video cable, but Jackie problem is, I never even frequently perform lid on and off.. My laptop is in fix position and setup, but due to thundering our electricity comes and gone, also I don't use UPS yet.
    Also please look this image, you think normally nivida GPU is operating following temperature , is normal or abnormal even computer starts?

• JackE
    Options

Warm and humid conditions can affect video cable connector contact continuity even if not being used. That's why re-seating is recommended.

Can't tell much from the GPU 61*C temperature when it's not under heavy load and ambient temps might be ~30*C. Max discrete GPU temps should not exceed about 86*C. CPU should not exceed about 92*C under load. Laptops should be raised about an inch above a hard surface while not blocking air vents might reduce temps ~5*C.

Jack E/NJ

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

Options

@JackE you see this pic I set up my laptop on top of Air-Cooling pad with dual fans,and also this temperature is registered when laptop is freshly started even, not rebooted or loaded.

• JackE
    Options

Remove air-cooling pad!! It can actually block air exhaust vents on bottom of laptop that blow downward in opposite direction to pad that blows upward. Unless laptop has side air exhaust vents, or bottom cover is removed, pad not recommended. Only raising laptop about an inch above a hard surface is recommended

Jack E/NJ

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

Options

Oh may be that's the issue … I bought this Air - Cooling pad recently, it stops laptop being cooling fast.

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

Options

@JackE These lines are gradually increasing when I'm starting my laptop time to time , for example when I start the laptop i could see like 5 or 8 bars, but gradually it's getting increasing some flickering and then so many lines.

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sorry. As I mentioned earlier, the LCD video cable connectors should be re-seated a few times to help clean the contacts. If you don't want to tackle the disassembly job yourself, you might try to contact Sri Lanka affiliate to see if they can somehow handle the issue under warranty even though purchased in Sweden. Either that or google search the keywords laptop repair sri lanka. There seem to be a few shops with good reviews. Should only take about an hour for an experienced technician to do the job.

Jack E/NJ

• macxfadz

Tinkerer

Options

@JackE I will go with Sri Lankan Acer partner Metropolitan - MCenter. Thank you.

• JackE
    Options

OK. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.🙂

Jack E/NJ