Delayed Audio on Predator Helios 300

LucasFitzgerald
LucasFitzgerald Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

I just purchased and received a Predator Helios 300 yesterday. I have recently noticed that there is a slight delay to all of my audio when I am playing games. Youtube audio is completely fine but when I try to play any game the audio just becomes delayed. Initially I believed that it was just input delay from the headset I was using but after trying my airpods as well as the laptops speakers nothing changed. I looked this issue up and seems to happen to many people but all of the solutions that I find don't seem to work.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

Search 'sound' in Windows start menu. Click sound settings near top of menu. Click 'sound control panel' in right pane. Right click properties of whatever playback device you're using. Turn off Dolby if available. Reduce sampling rate and uncheck any enhancement options in the Advanced tab.

Jack E/NJ

• LucasFitzgerald

I attempted all of these, there was Dolby so I didn't turn anything off. However I did try to reduce my sampling rate and there was no option to it seems to be locked at 16 bit 48000 hz. I think this might have something to do with my headset which is the Steelseries Arctis 9. I also attempted to turn of the enhancement but it didn't fix anything. Sorry to bother but are there any other possible things I could try to fix it?

• LucasFitzgerald

Update. I was able to change the sampling rate of my speakers from 24 bit 48000 hz to 16 bit 48000 hz and that seems to be the issue for the speaker. I assume at this point it must be an issue from the headset itself. Thanks so much for the help!

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

there was Dolby so I didn't turn anything off.

Search 'dolby' in Windows start menu. Click dolby app near top of menu. Play with personalizing settings to see if it has any affect on headset. Otherwise, try disabling Dolby in SoundControlPanel app recording under the Dolby tab.

Jack E/NJ