Is 5.5 hours battery life acceptable for a new Acer Enduro Urban N3 (EUN314A-51W)?

cyberbread
cyberbread Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I just bought a brand new Acer Enduro Urban N3 EUN314A-51W (Core i7, 32GB RAM upgraded from 16GB) which was previously used as a demo unit. I am currently able to get around 5 hours of use out of it from just casual web browsing (chrome), which drains it from 80% to 0%. This laptop is advertised to have up to 13 hours of battery life, but I am hardly able to make it to lunch without having to recharge it. Is this normal for other users who bought the Enduro Urban N3, or should I be worried?

I have attached a battery report that I got using the command 'powercfg /batteryreport' in CMD, please tell me if you see any red flags?

Thanks!

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,225 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

Notebookcheck.com
    "We're able to record a real-world WLAN runtime of almost 6.5 hours on a full charge and on 150 nit display brightness. Charging the system from full to empty will take about 100 minutes. Users can also charge the system with generic USB-C AC adapters."

IMO 5.5 hours is a good performance for a new battery.

Note the Full Charge capacity exceeds the Design Capacity in the battery report which is not possible. You have to do a full charge cycle in order for BIOS and Windows to register the battery capacity. Drain the battery till the laptop turns off (hibernates), plug in the power adapter and charge till the amber charge light turns blue. wait a few minutes, boot to windows and create a battery report. You only need to do this once with a new battery.

Tip, instead of a screen dump, right click on the open Battery report (in Edge) and click on "Print to Microsoft PDF", you get a much better image.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Battery life depends more on the applications running and the screen brightness than anything else. Apps that change the screen content a lot, such as watching a video, or that use the network a lot, such as browsing to active sites, will use the greatest amount of battery. The 13 hours requires a very minimal use situation and is difficult to reach in the real world.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.