Acer nitro 5 n20c1 Can anybody fix my screen issue?

KaidenM250
KaidenM250 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

My Acer nitro 5 (n20c1) screen is very laggy and slow in most of it, but there is a bar at the top that is running smooth and showing what is actually happening. Sometimes the laggy part doesn't show anything at all. Because of this I tried connecting it to my tv through HDMI and that worked, the TV was showing it smoothly, but I went through settings and I changed my screens refresh rate to 60 instead of the normal 144hz. This fixed it for a moment, the screen on my computer was working, but as soon as I unplugged the HDMI cord it stopped working. My friend suggested going back to windows 10, but when i did this it made a full reset causing me to have to go through the setup process. But the problem is I can't see anything on my screen except for that small bar, and my tv can connect until the setup is finished. Does anybody know how to solve this?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

The clear bar is the blue and grey part at the top that is the only thing I can really see, the rest is either just not there, or super slow

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

These screen problems could be from many sources, either a lose eDP cable or its plugs at either the mobo or the screen end, or a damaged/shorted plug(s) at the mobo plug or screen plug, making either a part connection or these plugs are damaged which needs an experienced tech to fix and change or the actual screen is faulty.

If you are computer savvy and experienced enough and your laptop has run out of warranty, then open your AN515-55 laptop and check these components out yourself, if your laptop is still under warranty then definitely take it to Acer Support in your area so they can fix these problems, also and btw, the N20C1 is not what your Nitro 5 laptop is identified by, your laptop is a Nitro 5 AN515-55-xx model.

These are the Acer OEM part numbers if you need to replace any of these parts, good luck and hope this helps you out.

eDP Cables 60Hz and 144Hz types

Remember if you need to change the screen then get the part number from your old screen and match it with the reference numbers from the AN515-55 SG screens below, best screen retailer is LS Screens so look there for a quick match and also there is an upgrade screen for the AN515-55 that has the 144Hz refresher rate screen to the upgrade of the higher Matte IPS, 1080p, 165Hz Refresh rate for smooth motion & gaming, Professional color range, so look at that option also at LS screens.