Nitro 7 AN715-52 Problems with Connection Speed

adriant01
adriant01 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I have a Nitro 7 (AN715-52). When I assessed my connection speed today, it was over 300 mbps for download. What I've noticed now is that some webpages simply won't open anymore - will show that they are loading forever. Downloads are also impossible, for example it will take several minutes for the laptop to download a few hundred kilobytes. Other webpages (e.g. YouTube, Google) work quite fine, and load as quickly as they did before. I have no idea what's happening. I have run SFC /scannow and it's fixed some corrupt files, but nothing has work. I have run my antivirus (Avast) and found no problems. I've had no software or hardware changes recently - updated most recently on May 17 to Windows 10 version 22H2.

Any advice?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,216 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

Yes, get rid of Avast and any other 3rd party AV, Intel Killer E2600 with Windows10 22H2 Defender will provide top security and network performance. Also check your WIFI activity (and history) in Task Manager to monitor any traffic going on when you are doing nothing online, maybe apps are uploading to Cloud, or downloading (bloatware) updates (telemetric), disable the OEM updating in Task Scheduler, Windows Update (WAU) will take care of your updates. Too bad Nitrosense is not yet available for W11, Windows11 22H2 has progressed a lot, especially on security and networking.