Having problems with my Stylus Pen for my Acer Spin SP515-51N

QueenTully
QueenTully Member Posts: 1 New User

I have used this stylus pen a lot since I got this Laptop, Acer Spin SP515-51N, it is what came with the laptop when I purchased it. I now was trying to use it and it is not working. I don't know if it needs batteries or not (I think it does) but I can't figure out how to change them or which one's id need when/if I change it. I have tried to unscrew the base of the stylus and can't seem to get anything to happen besides it just rotating. I have tried to press and hold the buttons to see if I can link it there. I can't find any videos or info on how to, even downloaded the user manual. I have already tried to just troubleshoot it through my laptop, I have gone into Device Manager, looked at the HID-compliant pen, I have looked for updates on those drivers and all the other drivers and it states that they are all up to date. Also, I am not having any issues with just using the touch screen or touchpad and my finger. I did look at Acer's website for Driver information and there it nothing for the stylus. I am at a loss; can someone please help me.

Laptop: Acer Spin SP515-51N

Stylus: EAN NP. STY1A.009 (according to the Acer Compatibility Chart)

*The only other thing I can think is that I am now running Windows 11 on this laptop, and all the driver info on Acer says Windows 10

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

IIRC the stylus unscrews to access the battery, which is the AAAA type (note that is smaller than the common AAA type).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.