Screen on Swift X14 14.5" RTX 3050 i5-13500H (2023 Model) Is this screen matte or glossy?

pardo2k
pardo2k Member Posts: 6 New User
edited June 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello. I have a question about the new Swift X14 14.5". Not the 4050 RTX version, but the 3050 RTX version listed below. Model SFX14-71G-5911.

The page describes the screen as "LCD" with
"In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology; Acer ComfyView"

Is this screen matte or glossy? Thx

https://store.acer.com/en-us/swift-x-14-laptop-sfx14-71g-5911

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• pardo2k

Secondly, multiple reviewers say the fans are almost always on and audible on this new model. Is this true? Anyone have experience with the fans and making the fan quiet/off during light activities like web browsing and netfliX?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

There are two different displays offered on the various models:

I believe the model you are looking at uses the first of those screen options. They don't mention the screen surface, but in the FRU list they state non glare. For the fans, there are three different tables, Silent Mode, Normal Mode and Performance Mode. Needless to say, the noise is going to be dependent on the mode, since the speed the fan is running determines the noise produced.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pardo2k

Thanks. Would be nice to have confirmation on matte screen for certain. And more thoughts on those fans, which even on silent apparently are always on and noisy.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,211 Trailblazer

I suggest you download HWINFO freeware and click on monitor to find the brand and panel code number.

Either you Google Brand and panel code or enter it directly in:
    https://www.panelook.com

You will find everything about your screen, including Matte or Glossy and what the ani-glare % coating is. 😉

• pardo2k

Thanks,t I don't own the laptop

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

They are correct that the fan is always running when the laptop is turned on. That's normal for laptops and most desktops. The speeds are minimum 1860 RPM, maximum 4620 RPM with different CPU temperature ranges for increasing in steps based on the mode you are in.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • pardo2k

Thanks. I think the problem is that the fan is always running and quite audible even on light tasks like web browsing, that's what two reviewers said.