PH315-53 Help with System temperature keeps getting too hot.

Options
Darkao
Darkao Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello guys!
ive been having some issues after playing half hour of a high demanding game (doom eternal)
I've already undervolted and disabled my turbo via throttlestop but my System temperature keeps geting too hot that my pc sometimes restart from nowhere.

My laptop is PH315-53
cpu: i7 10750H
gpu: RTW 2070MAXQI

Can some1 help me?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,259 Trailblazer
    Options

Reducing the maximum processor state when on power from 100% to 95-99% will help a lot and getting a powerful 5-fan cooling pad in the size of your laptop is recommended. Maintain Windows, get rid of bloatware, disable Startup apps and uninstall programs running at the background, Check what is using so much of the CPU resources, uninstall AVAST or any other 3rd party AV apps, you only need Windows Defender. Also check your telemetric what is chatting online, block some of your programs trying to send/download promos or are updating CLOUD. Run Storage Sense and purge your caches, click on the Temp. folder in Storage Sense (bottom) it will find hundreds of GBs old Windows update files like OldDos maybe. Keep your fans clean but disconnect the battery cable first if you work inside your laptop😉

• Darkao
    Darkao Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

wow thats alot to work on! Thanks for the inputs!
    1) Reducing the maximum processor state when on power from 100% to 95-99% will help a lot:
    My maximum processor state is already at 90%.

2) getting a powerful 5-fan cooling pad in the size of your laptop is recommended
    Nice one! I'll order one now.

3) Maintain Windows, get rid of bloatware
    I have no bloatwares

4) disable Startup apps and uninstall programs running at the background
    I am already with only the necessary apps running on start.

5) Check what is using so much of the CPU resources
    During gameplay, only 30% of my CPU is being used.

6) uninstall AVAST or any other 3rd party AV apps, you only need Windows Defender.
    I dont use any anti-virus (even windows defender)

7) Also check your telemetric what is chatting online, block some of your programs trying to send/download promos or are updating CLOUD.

Im sorry but i didnt understand those

8) Run Storage Sense and purge your caches, click on the Temp. folder in Storage Sense (bottom) it will find hundreds of GBs old Windows update files like OldDos maybe. Keep your fans clean but disconnect the battery cable first if you work inside your laptop
    Will do those!

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,259 Trailblazer
    Options

When online full time check Task Manager WIFI sometimes if there is network activity (chatting) going on while you are not using your WIFI (telemetry issues), You can also view historical WIFI data. You can block apps from going online/updating. You say your CPU is only 30% used but the system temp is 91°C, what else is getting hot, your SSDs?

If you are on Windows you should leave Windows Defender on.