ACER Aspire A515-54G-51M4 no audio device installed issue

Dad1234
Dad1234 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all, I have an Acer A515 54G and suddenly my sounds are gone on the laptop and also it seems there is no audio device installed.

I use Windows 10 (22H2) and the issue arise about 2 weeks ago.

In Windows 10 I can see only the red cross at volume control section and it seems there are no any device (loudspeaker, earphones) connected.

Also if i plug in any USB headphone, external soundcard still does not resolve the issue.

However this is not true, there is also a loudspeaker and a normal earphone connected and when I boot in Ubuntu they are working perfectly fine.

(Both are working with the 3.5 audio output, I can change them any time.)

At least could anyone share a working combination for the audio drivers that are working properly for an Acer A515 for etc. in May of 2023 ?

My guess something went wrong with a windows update, so I reverted my drivers to the last known working versions: (found on acer support page):

this is my current version of every drivers that i suspect that can influence this issue:

Audio driver: Realtek Version: 6.0.8865.1 (Acer support page says this is the newest fitting…)

Audio Console driver: Realtek, Version 1.9.205.0 (Acer support page says this is the newest fitting…)

Intel Smart Sound technology: version 10.23.0.3586

Intel Smart Sound technology OED: version: 10.23.0.3586

Microsoft Streaming service proxy: version: 10.0.19041.1

Please could anyone share his or her driver combination if has no issues with sound on Acer A515 54G?

Can anyone advice me what should I do to resolve my audio issue?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,528 Pathfinder

I have the same laptop from 2020, same Realtek audio board and driver, I also had sound issues (low volume) in W10 but they all cleared up last year after I upgraded to W11, now on version W11 22H2. I suggest you do the W10 WAU (automatic) upgrade to W11 when that is offered, don't do a clean install with an ISO image as that will wipe out your present Windows settings and non-Windows apps. Windows, Realtek and Intel Audio drivers are jointly controlling our ALC255 chipset and it is virtually impossible to sort all that out, let Windows11 do it for you. Looks like Linux got a better handle on it😉

BTW, my Microsoft Streaming service proxy: version is later: 10.0.22621.1 and is listed under Hidden Devices (not connected) I remember that older version you had never worked in W11 (Unknown device) till a later version was installed by W11, I have HDR and streaming but keep it switched off.

• Dad1234

Hi and thanks a lot for the quick answer but I would like to avoid upgrading to Windows 11, I would only do the upgrade if nothing helps. Are there any ideas how to solve this issue?

• Dad1234

Btw does anyone know which driver should be marked as active in the Sound Video and Game Controller's section?

I went to the original drivers again coming with an iso image on my laptop and I have the following options:

-Intel driver 10.27.0.4 (HD Audio Bus Driver)

-Realtek driver 6.0.86699.1 (HD Audio Bus Driver)

Please could someone at least look up which of these HD Audio Bus drivers should be active or deactivated?