Acer aspire 7 GTX 1650 usage below 60% and fps drop

Options
Sanyam2076
Sanyam2076 Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter

I have Acer aspire 7 i5 12th gen with 1650 graphics and 8gb ram . It had windows 11 pre installed and my games were giving very good performance. But I had to downgrade my windows to 10 for some reason.In windows 10 i started to experience game tearing and my fps in games were limited to 60fps even though the v sync was off in both game and nvidia control panel. I contacted Acer support and they suggested me to do a clean install of windows 11. I did that but my problem didn't solved. My fps are limited to 60-70 fps in some games. My valorant is still getting 120-130 fps but other are not. Even far cry 3 which has very low system requirements is getting not more than 70. In earlier windows far cry 3 could give me above 120. I have tried all methods like updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, setting up nvidia control panel, updating bios etc but nothing helped. What should I do in this situation?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options

they suggested me to do a clean install of windows 11.

Did you install the Acer factory Win11 from the hidden Win11 factory recovery partition? If not, did you re-install the ACER nvidia VGA driver & app for your A7 from this link? Enter your machine's full model number. For example, A715-55G

Jack E/NJ

• Sanyam2076
    Options

I re installed my windows 11 from the official website of Microsoft as they sent me a guide and it mentioned to install the windows from Microsoft website. I also installed Acer care center, quick access and graphics and uma driver from the link you have given. My laptop model is A715

• JackE
    Options

My laptop model is A715

There should be at least two more characteris in the model number. For example, A715-55 or A715-55G or A715-55G-SX7D. There are dozens of models in the A715 series. Which one do you have?

Jack E/NJ

• Sanyam2076
    Options
  • Sanyam2076
    Options

I think here's what you are asking for

• JackE
    Options

I also installed Acer care center, quick access and graphics and uma driver from the link you have given.

Also install the chipset driver. Reboot.

Jack E/NJ

• Sanyam2076
    Options

I have installed the latest chipset driver but there is no improvement

• JackE
    Options

You can try an Acer factory reset if your hidden Acer Win11 recovery partition is still accessible. The official Acer Win11 factory version is not the same as the official Mi crosoft Win11 version. and may explain the issue. However, the factory recovery partition is often rendered inaccessible after and downgrading or replacing with the Microsoft version. Unfortunately, you've done both a downgrade and a M icrosoft Win11 replacement.

You can try a factory reset by pressing and holding the ALT key while tapping the F10 key on startup. If the factory recovery partition is still accessible, a recovery factory reset menu should appear to allow resetting the machine to a factory fresh state when you first acquired the machine.

If the factory reset doesn't work anymore, you can request a factory recovery USB installation stick for you particular serial number from Acer support. Cost is usually about $50.

Jack E/NJ