Aspire 7 laptop speaker or any audio devices not working when i'm in a call

j0hn_
j0hn_ Member Posts: 1 New User

My Aspire 7 Laptop speaker or any audio devices is not working when i'm in a call like Zoom and Discord. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers but nothing seems to work. It's just when i am in a call. When I play games, the speaker seems to be working.

Answers

• kireamoor46
    kireamoor46 Member Posts: 1 New User

if your laptop speakers or any audio devices are not working specifically during calls on applications like Zoom and Discord, but they work fine during other activities such as gaming, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try :

1. Check audio settings within the applications: Ensure that the correct audio devices are selected within the settings of Zoom and Discord. Sometimes, the applications might be using a different audio output device, causing the issue. Verify that the correct speakers or audio output device is chosen.
    2. Adjust communication settings: Some applications have specific communication settings that can affect audio during calls. Check the communication settings within Zoom and Discord and make sure they are not set to mute or lower the volume during calls.
    3. Test audio with different applications: Try using other communication applications or platforms to see if the issue persists. This will help determine if the problem is specific to Zoom and Discord or if it affects all communication applications on your laptop.
    4. Update or reinstall the applications: Make sure you have the latest versions of Zoom and Discord installed on your laptop. If the issue persists, try uninstalling the applications completely and then reinstalling them. This can help resolve any software-related glitches that might be causing the audio problem.
    5. Update audio drivers: Although you mentioned that you have already updated the drivers, double-check that you have the latest audio drivers installed for your laptop. Visit the manufacturer's website or use a reliable driver update utility to ensure your audio drivers are up to date.
    6. Test with headphones or external speakers: Connect a pair of headphones or external speakers to your laptop and check if the audio works during calls. This will help determine if the issue is specific to the internal laptop speakers or affects all audio output.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to the technical support of your laptop's manufacturer or the support teams of Zoom and Discord for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to provide specific guidance based on your laptop model and the applications you are using.

Remember to always follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines when troubleshooting audio issues on your laptop.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,984 Pathfinder

A couple of things you can check: Sound>Unmute speakers (see picture)

In privacy this on:

Make sure your speakers are working (should show Don't allow to be turned on)

All this should be turned on