Acer VG270S horizontal flashing bar bug when using ultra low latency or multiple monitors

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options

the only thing is theres never been a gpu issue with having 4 monitors before this.

As mentioned earlier, re-seat the GPU card a few times to help clean the contacts!!

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP
    JaxonP Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

I will try that when i get home, also it looks like its gotten a bit worst now

• JackE
    Options

What's the ambient room temperature & humidity?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP
    Answer ✓
    Options

I decided to just send it to acer for repairs, it's still in warranty anyways

• JackE
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I suggest that you re-seat the card before sending the monitor. I suspect Acer service will find nothing wrong with the monitor since it very likely won't be tested in the same configuration that you're using. Depending on your regional warranty policies, you might be responsible for shipping charges.

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP
    Options

I re-seated the card and still the same issue is happening

• JackE
    Options

the only thing is theres never been a gpu issue with having 4 monitors before this. »>I re-seated the card and still the same issue is happening

Sorry. I still think the issue is caused by the card, not the monitor. Maybe it was somehow partly damaged running 4 monitors. Accordingly, I doubt service will find anything wrong with the monitor. But if you think otherwise, it's your decision to try to arrange for warranty repair service on the monitor. Be very clear with them that the problem only happens when a 4th monitor is added to the GPU load.

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP
    Options

Ya but when this same issue happened last year around the same time they somehow fixed it

• JackE
    Options

You didn't mention that before. So send it back if it's still under warranty. Maybe they can fix it again. Good luck.

Jack E/NJ

• youssefmohamed
    youssefmohamed Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I have the same issue and the exact model of screen right now it also started about the same time for me (may 30th) this only happens when i set display settings to "extend mode" in "second screen only" it works fine and when connecting monitor to playstation it works fine as well which is why i assume there is a problem with the drivers of my laptop but after reinstalling the i still have the issue also i tried different screen (same cables and setup) and the other screen works fine.Its really weird that my timeline exactly matches the other user Ive hade the screen for a little over a year now with no issue till about May 30th.

Thanks in advance!

• JaxonP
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JackE @youssefmohamed I sent the monitor in for repairs and told them to replace the display as I think it was a panel issue. They sent it back and replaced the display for me, that resolved the issue! Imo if your having this issue all you can do is send the monitor in for repairs and request for them to replace the display.

• JaxonP
    Answer ✓
    Options

Otherwise I believe I tried every possible way to repair the monitor but the only thing that really fixed it was replacing the display itself.

• JackE
    Options

Thanks for report. Hope it lasts.

Jack E/NJ