Acer VG270S wierd bug when using ultra low latency

haxWF
haxWF Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello Acer community,

I have recently noticed a very strange behaviour from my less than 1 year old VG270S monitor. It happened after my power fuse tripped and had to be reset. When i turned on my computer, the monitor was flickering on the bottom. A few lines of pixels at the bottom are behaving strangely and the size / area of the effect can vary from time to time. I found that if i turn off the Ultra low latency mode, the issue dissapeares. However i find this a very inefective fix since it obviously results in limited preformance from the monitor (basicly not being able to use low latency mode). This flickering also decresses as time passes / when i restart my pc multiple times. I tried unplugging all the cables, switching outlets, changing cables but it still seems to reappear every time i turn on the electricity (i turn it off at night). If anyone has a clue to what a possible fix could be it would be very appreaciated.

Best regards,

haxWF

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>It happened after my power fuse tripped>>>

What tripped the mains breaker? Storm? Power surge? Did you use a surge-protector for these kinds of problems?

Jack E/NJ

• haxWF

I have no idea what tripped it since it happened only on my outlet. My main issue is that there would be no reason for ultra low latency mode to cause the issue if there was an actual electricity problem. Altough I dont know much about monitors.

• JackE

>>>I have no idea what tripped it since it happened only on my outlet>>>

What else was connected to that outlet?

Jack E/NJ

• haxWF

just an outlet extention which has 2 computers, 3 monitors and an internet router plugged in

• JackE

>>>A few lines of pixels at the bottom are behaving strangely and the size / area of the effect can vary from time to time.>>>>>>just an outlet extention which has 2 computers, 3 monitors and an internet router plugged in>>>

What happens when you disconnect everything else from that outlet?

Jack E/NJ

• MElDeeb
    MElDeeb Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello @haxWF

Have you found a solution to this problem?

• JaxonP
    JaxonP Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

I am also having this issue of a long horizontal black flickering line at the bottom of my monitor. However, this issue did not come from a power surge problem or anything. I also figured out that if you unplug some of your other monitors this also fixes the issue. I went into the monitor settings and disabled ultra low latency mode like you said and the flickering went away. I was wondering did you ever figure out a fix?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

That sounds like noise on the power, perhaps a rerouting of cables or a better surge arrester would help?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JaxonP
    JaxonP Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

The issue was definitely NOT noise on the power. I had the same issue and the only way to fix it is to send in the monitor for repairs and ask for them to replace the display, its a panel issue.

• JackE

Thanks for report. Hope it lasts.

Jack E/NJ