Acer VG270S horizontal flashing bar bug when using ultra low latency or multiple monitors

JaxonP
JaxonP Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

I've had this monitor for more than a year and recently had issues with it flashing a black horizontal bar at the bottom of the monitor when I first boot up until after about an hour has passed. I was trying to fix the problem and discovered that when I unplug some of my other monitors the issue disappears so I know that my monitor isn't broken. I'm not sure how to fix this without unplugging and not using some of my other monitors. It's weird because my multiple monitor setup was working just fine for months before and is now randomly causing this issue. Also something to possibly note is that I'm using Windows 11 and that when I change the project setting from extend to PC screen only it also fixes the issue. However, this fix works just because it turns the other monitors off. Also note that another acer user had these same issues but it was never solved shown here,

Best Answers

• JaxonP
    Answer ✓

I decided to just send it to acer for repairs, it's still in warranty anyways

• JaxonP
    Answer ✓

@JackE @youssefmohamed I sent the monitor in for repairs and told them to replace the display as I think it was a panel issue. They sent it back and replaced the display for me, that resolved the issue! Imo if your having this issue all you can do is send the monitor in for repairs and request for them to replace the display.

• JaxonP
    Answer ✓

Otherwise I believe I tried every possible way to repair the monitor but the only thing that really fixed it was replacing the display itself.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer

Also note that another acer user had these same issues but it was never solved shown here,

That may be because the OP of the other thread hasn't yet responded what happens when everything else is disconnected from the same outlet.

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

@JackE So what should I do to resolve my issue? Also something to note is when I lower my refresh rate from 165hz to 144hz and below it also removes the black flashing bar.

• JackE

I unplug some of my other monitors the issue disappears

Which other monitor seems to interfere with the VG270S and which one doesn't?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

If I unplug any of them it fixes the issue

• JackE

Do any of the monitors have an un-polarized 2-prong plug or are plugged into a power strip with an un-polarized plug? Do the monitors use a hub?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

I'm not sure what any of that even means but the monitors are plugged in between 2 different power strips I have. The monitors do not use a hub they are all connected directly to the pc.

• JackE

If they're 2-prong polarized plugs, they will only fit in the wall socket one way. They won't fit the wall socket if you try to flip the plug because one prong is wider than the other. 2-prong un-polarized plugs have the same width prongs so they fit either way and can cause grounding interference between the monitors if plugged in the wrong way.

Polarized plugs make a difference in proper monitor grounding. If all the monitors (and the PC itself) aren't properly grounded thru the wall socket, interference artifacts can appear in any of them.

Some older monitors, PCs and power strips have 3-prong plugs. The 3rd prong is ground and can also only be plugged in the wall socket one way.

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

All the monitors and the pc are 3 prong plugs so they are plugged in the right way, the only one that fits.

• JackE

2 different power strips I have.

Do they also have 3-prong plugs? Are they plugged into the same wall socket?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

Both extension cords have 3-prong plugs plugged into the same wall socket. One on the top wall socket the other extension cord on the bottom.

• JackE
    edited June 2023

The monitors »>are all connected directly to the pc.

How so? All HDMI inputs? HDMI+DP inputs? Other? Via an discrete GPU?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

3 DP and one hdmi all connected to the graphics card. The monitor having issues is dp

• JackE

when I unplug some of my other monitors

Some? One? Two? Or all three other monitors?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

When I unplug just one of them it fixes the issue, whether its one of the dp or the hdmi. I have 4 monitors in total, 3 dp and 1 hdmi.

• JackE

It's weird because my multiple monitor setup was working just fine for months before and is now randomly causing this issue. »»When I unplug just one of them it fixes the issue,

What GPU card & PSU do you have?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card and Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

• JackE

my multiple monitor setup was working just fine for months before> >

Have you been able to monitor GPU temps when bug happens?

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

yes the temps are normal

• JackE

What values do you consider normal temps? What app are you using to actually measure GPU temperature? This is important because the VG270S is picking up interference that disappears when any one of the other monitors is disconnected or different FPS/resolutions used. This suggests a possible GPU issue when it's loaded down with feeding signals to 4 monitors. In addition to knowing what temperatures you're measuring, I also suggest that you re-seat the card a few times to help clean the contacts if you haven't done so already.

Jack E/NJ

• JaxonP

the AMD software: adrenaline edition, the only thing is theres never been a gpu issue with having 4 monitors before this. The current temperature is 53 degrees celsius and the junction temperature is 55 celsius