TravelMate P215-41-G2 Bios Update

Dawjan
Dawjan Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi.

I'm trying to update Bios on Acer tmp215-41-g2-r4nm. I get file from acer website according computer serial number. Run the exe file with the lastest version. File is extracting and when it gets to 100%, computer after 4-5 seconds reboot and nothinkg happends. I'm back in login screen and the update is not done. In other computer (the same brand and model) update works like it supposed to and the update is done. On both computers BitLocker is off. Computer bios wersion is 2.02 and I'm trying update to version 3.03.

Can somebody help me fix this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,229 Trailblazer

If your laptop is still working forget about updating BIOS or changing settings in BIOS. You are liable (or maybe already did) to turn you laptop in a useless brick. Instead bring your laptop to Acer Services, it is less then 2-years old, and Acer will update your BIOS and reset your system to factory defaults for a small service fee ($25 in the Philippines).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Taking or shipping your laptop to a service center can be a real hassle. For instance, I live in Oregon USA and the nearest service center is in Texas. That is a 32 hour drive if done non-stop. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,229 Trailblazer

I live on a remote farm in the Abra mountains in the Philippines, 12 hours driving from Manila, and sent my laptop to Acer by DHL without any hassle, got the laptop back within a week free of charge (only shipping fees) and my warranty was expired by several months, so there is that 😀