When I tried to register it says Chromebook already registered?

Options
xplorer
xplorer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Chromebooks

Hi aThis My First Chromebook and I bought it from bestbuy directly it came in original package and sealed. When I tried to register it, itit saidhat it's already registered from a month back. Everything looksbnew to me. Didbestbuysomehow sell me a used device? Or how else can this be, it looks brand new

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes a new owner will mistype their serial numbers and register the wrong device. Sometimes the backend servers for Acer glitch and think some number is registered when it's not. You should be able to contact Acer support and have them fix it for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Sometimes a new owner will mistype their serial numbers and register the wrong device. Sometimes the backend servers for Acer glitch and think some number is registered when it's not. You should be able to contact Acer support and have them fix it for you.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.