My Chromebook cb5-132t won’t turn on and is completely black. Please Help!!

TheGreenteam
TheGreenteam Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Chromebooks

my cb5-132t series N15Q8 Chromebook is completely black and won’t turn on even after charging and manually resetting. The power light is also unresponsive and not working. Is there anything I can do to fix? Thanks

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer

My first suggestion to you is to take your Chromebook to a technician in your area, as if your laptop doesn’t turn on, there are parts that have burned out in the primary power stages of your laptop and all these aspects of your laptop need an experienced technician to fix, you can't do it yourself as you don't have the tools.

Have a look at this repair of an Acer ChromeBook that is typical of what happens to a laptop that is completely dead and can't be turned on and what aspects a technician needs to diagnose and fix if he knows what to do and has the tools to fix these aspects of a laptops circuitry faulty components. Have a look here at “Acer N161P1 laptop repair” which is an Acer ChromeBook that doesn’t turn on.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

First step is to see whether the power adapter itself is working. With it unplugged the battery status light should be off. When you plug the charger in it should go to either amber or blue, depending on charge status. If it doesn't come on the motherboard isn't seeing the charger. Next step, if possible, is to measure the output voltage from the power supply. It should have 19V DC between the center hole and the outside of the barrel.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.