No Speaker sound, since Windows 11 update, Aspire 515

Dash145
Dash145 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I recently had an issue with my laptop (Aspire 515-44A), where I did a full restore, where I had to install Windows 10 first, then change up to Windows 11. The laptop was fine everything working well & no issues, but I have only just discovered that there is no sound coming from the speakers. I have tried the Windows trouble shooting, which tried different drivers, but no luck, so I downloaded & installed the latest sound drivers from the Acer website & still no luck.

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems, & if yes how did they resolve the problem?

I can get sound through my Bluetooth buds, but I tend not to use them while on my laptop & would much rather have my speakers working. So I'm going to uninstall the latest Windows 11 updates starting with the latest, going backwards until I get my sound back, & I'll post an update to say which update caused the issue (should it be an update problem). But I'd still be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar issue & how they solved it.

Thanks

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,992 Pathfinder

It is the Realtek audio driver that has issues with Windows11. Best to uninstall RTK drivers in Safe Mode with DDU (download from Wagnardsoft (https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-) for Windows10-11 and boot to Safe Mode (in windows11 Shift+Restart or type Safe Mode in the Search bar). Run DDU, select Audio Realtek and delete everything including the RTK audio console. Reboot and let W11 install the correct sound drivers. Let us know if you still have sound issues I have the same audio board in my a515-54G with Windows11 22H2. Type @Puraw so I will get an alert.

• Helder031088
    Helder031088 Member Posts: 2 New User

linha aspire 3 Dobradicas quebram fácil

• Helder031088
    Helder031088 Member Posts: 2 New User

existe algum Rycal ?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

Open > Sound, video and game controllers in Device manager, and go through the process of reinstalling the main audio drivers, as there are allot of audio drivers that can be the problem of you not getting sound through the speakers, don't update any drivers from the web unless its an update of the same and exact audio drivers that you are updating, as doing that will stop your audio from working. Best is to let windows update and install the appropriate audio drivers or use the Acer oem audio drivers of the A515-44 laptop and install them.

• Dash145

Hi,

Thank you for your reply & help, it is appreciated.

I did download the DDU software & ran it in safe mode, but it did not find any Realtek drivers. I actually tried a couple of times, the first after reading your post, then again after downloading the Realtek driver from Acer, but even after installing the drivers it did not find anything related to Realtek, only AMD.

I am sure there is a conflict somewhere, as I have seen the system show Microsoft audio drivers, along with AMD & Realtek, but the sound only went off after I had done some Windows updates, so I am still thinking about removing the past updates.

Thanks again

• Dash145

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.

I have been through all drivers both Realtek & AMD that are shown in the Device Manager, & I did end up downloading the correct Realtek sound drivers from the Acer website, but it made no difference when I installed them.

So I still think it might possibly have something to do with a Windows update, so I am going to go back & uninstall them, by date installed & hopefully get the speakers working again. 🤞

Thanks again