Which RAM models are supported for Aspire E5-576G? Model: N16Q2

Options
eetherwulf
eetherwulf Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hello!

I've noticed that my laptop has slowed down over the time. So I thought of upgrading RAM . But when I search, I found out that there are many models/types of RAMs. So I'm confused which RAM model/type are suitable for my laptop. Please help me out! ( Intel core i3 7020u cpu) (4gb )

Another question. Do i need 2 (4gb) to be the same model and speed? and can I make a total of 12gb in the form of 4gb current and plus 8 gb?

Laptop Model: Aspire E5-576G-N16Q2
S/N: NXGVBER017XXXX

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @eetherwulf here are the characteristics of the memory of your equipment extracted from the service manual, waiting for more answers that can expand, clarify or improve this information:

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,279 Trailblazer
    Options

You can install DDR4, 2133 MHz or 2400 MHz up to 32GB. I recommend 2x 4GB to make use of the DDR4 already in slot 1 to get the maximum clock speed of 2400 MHz (Dual Channel Mode). Get exactly the same (1) DDR module/brand, copy the part number and all details incl. the voltage and Google it (Amazon).

This is a video how to upgrade your model laptop RAM, it shows 2 slots, one is empty. I assume that there is 1x 4GB DDR4 in your slot 1 and if you add exactly the same module you will be running in Dual Channel mode. 8GB is plenty RAM for even Wndows11 22H2, like I have in my a515-54G (2x 4GB DDR4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjyvL-3aeEU

• eetherwulf
    Options

Can u please look my laptop information? i add 2 pics here . is it ddr3 or ddr4 ? and which mhz i have now? i google it some info.and i think it is 1333 mhz and ddr3 4gb ram. am i right? and can i use if i buy ddr4 ram with ddr3 same time for each slot? or should i buy only ddr 3 for other slot same 1333 mhz ddr3?

• eetherwulf
    Options

Can u please look my laptop information? i add 2 pics here . is it ddr3 or ddr4 ? and which mhz i have now? i google it some info.and i think it is 1333 mhz and ddr3 4gb ram. am i right? and can i use if i buy ddr4 ram with ddr3 same time for each slot? or should i buy only ddr 3 for other slot same 1333 mhz ddr3?

and last question about voltage , isee its 1.35 right?

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

I am sorry that I cannot be more specific in the information because the service manual does not specify the information separately according to the different models, please wait for more answers.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,279 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Open your laptop and take out (or just look) the DDR3L module, there is a label with all the details on it. It will show this:

The speed of your DDR3L module is 1600MHz
    https://www.compuram.biz/memory_module/a-data-technology/ao1l16bc4r1-bues.htm

or run the Wmic command in the Command Prompt: wmic memorychip list full

Or this form: wmic MemoryChip get Banklabel, Capacity, Configuredclockspeed, Devicelocator, FormFactor, Manufacturer, Serialnumber, Speed

Wmic will not tell you if it is DDR3 or DDR4.

You can either try to get another DDR3 module like this (expensive) or buy a 2x4GB DDR4 kit 2400 MHz Jedec, single rank, 260 pin
    https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC4-19200-SODIMM-260-Pin-Memory/dp/B019FRD3SE?th=1