Acer Aspire 715-75G, GPU not detected anymore.

Options
Aspire715
Aspire715 Member Posts: 1 New User

I need help, i have acer aspire 715-75G with i5-10300H cpu. problem is that laptop not able to detect GPU, i have try many solution like formatting the windows, reinsatlling again through USB, update the BIOS but problem still there. NVIDIA not showing anywhere in driver manager. I try to install directly by downloading the software from nvidia site but still says GPU not detected. please help.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,259 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

You only have a dedicated GPU, GeForce® GTX 1650 and you are on Windows10. Uninstall all devices with yellow exclamation marks and Unknown devices/drivers that you see in Device Manager, including the Hidden Devices (option top menu). Don't install any drivers and don't format your drive(s) or Clean Install Windows10 as that aggravates the GPU driver situation only. Instead download Windows10 DDU from the Wagnardsoft site: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/
    Reboot in Safe Mode (Shift+Restart) and uninstall all NVIDIA drivers (incl. console) with DDU. Reboot and let Windows10 install the display drivers. Don't install VGA drivers from 3rd party sites only from Acer Support for your laptop model.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

Try to uninstall all the NVidia previous drivers with DUU software (follow their guide as you need to do it in safe mode) after you uninstall all Nvidia GPU drivers, turn off your laptop and take the back cover of your laptop and do a Hard Reset by taking the main battery, disconnect the BIOS battery, and soon after, use a paper clip to short this batteries +and - pins out at the mobo plug, to reset the CMOS also, and then take the all the ram out, leave all components disconnected for 15min and then replace all components (if you have 2x ram modules insert only 1x ram module) and reboot laptop.

Doing all this will rest the laptops IO chip and BIOS chip, afterwards and when the laptop boots, install the latest NVidia driver for your GTX1650 GPU for Win-11 which is driver Version 531.79. Doing all this should make your laptop recognise the GTX1650 GPU (that is a very reliable GPU and it just doesn’t disappear off your laptop, if your laptop doesn’t recognise the GPU, then your GPU has a fault or it could be burned out and your motherboard needs replacing, Good luck and hope this helps you out.