Acer Aspire 5 Black Screen screen turns black when not in use but sometimes doesn't.

Christine223
Christine223 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

My Acer Aspire 5 screen turns black when not in use but sometimes doesn't clear when the mouse is moved to wake it up. I have to turn it off, wait 5 seconds and then turn it on again. This is an intermittent problem. This started happening some months ago, can anyone help with this? It happens in particular (though not always) if a website or a file is left on the screen and I leave for a few minutes to do something else.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer

Hi @Christine223 let's see the most basic reason why the screen turns black and that is that you have configured its power saving shutdown, please check it from:

control panel - power options - change plan settings - turn off the screen

What time is set?

Also see in that same place the shutdown or suspension time of the equipment, what time is configured?

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,528 Pathfinder

It could be in hibernating mode instead of sleep mode, only the power button will resume from a hibernate state. Reset your Power Plan to default and as suggested above check your sleep mode timing in Advanced Power Plan settings (turn off or increase the time).

• Christine223
    Christine223 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you both for these replies I will try your solutions

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer

You're welcome, you tell us.

Thank you.
    All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)