In search of a docking station that is compatible with my Aspire E5-576

DreGirl2369
DreGirl2369 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All - I'm in search of a docking station that is compatible with my Acer Aspire E5-576. I bought a great docking station that connects to my work laptop via a USB-C male. I'd like to just swap this into my personal laptop which is the Aspire E5-576 but when I plug in the docking station to the USB-C input on the Aspire, nothing is detected. I purchased a HDMI > USB C cord in hopes to try using the HDMI port and connect to the USB C on the docking station, but that goes undetected as well.

Secondly - a few years ago the number pad on the right side of the kepboard no longer works. YES I've tried Num Lock and it just doesn't work at all. Even any keyboard I plug into the Acer Aspire just will not allow use of the number pad. Is there someway to fix this internally?

Any help or suggestions on either issues would be great.

Thanks in advance :)

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

I don't know which hub you have, but the E5-576 USN-C port is not a Thunderbolt type port that outputs an image, these are all the specs of the E5-576 USB ports, this laptops left side 1x USB Type-C port, is used to connect to USB devices that adopt the USB Type-C connector. Supports USB 3.1 Type-C, Gen 1 with transfer speeds up to 5 Gb/s and has a 3.0A output current, which must not comply with your hub.

You can't use the HDMI to USB-C cable on your laptop as a connection to a hub, as the HDMI port of this laptop's compliance level has an HDMI 1.4b port that is only for an image/sound output Data throughput (Gbits/sec) 10.2 and its used to connect an external monitor to only and not to a USB-C hub. Try to connect your USB Hub with a USB 3.0 cable that this laptop also has, and its specs are the following or get a 3.0 USB hub like the Anker 10-port 60W USB 3.0 hub.

E5-576 USB 3.0 manuals information:

• DreGirl2369
    DreGirl2369 Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks so much, I meant to get back to this so much sooner. StevenGen do you think this docking station would work? I found it on Amazon and it doesn't say "thunderbolt" like the original one I purchased but I still cannot tell based on what you have said about the USB-C port on my laptop.

USB C Docking Station,13-in-1 Triple Display USB C Multiport Adapter with Dual HDMI 4K,Displayport,Ethernet,100W PD,2*USB 2.0,2*USB 3.0,SD/Micro SD Card Reader for MacBook Pro and Other Type C Laptops