pc a z24-880 Pc boot Problem the fans go loud and no boot

Options
Quickfacts
Quickfacts Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in All-In-One PCs

Hello, I asked this question a while ago, but didn't respond and I can't due to necro posting (I don't know if it's a rule or not), Anyways I have a problem that I can't solve. Every time I boot my pc a z24-880, the fans go loud and no boot, is there anyway for me to fix this?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,419 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @Quickfacts waiting for more answers that can help your question, I understand that the fan receives power but does not turn, the hum must be caused by the starter coil that is blocked, but this must be verified by a technical service.
    I recommend you do not turn on the equipment until it is solved because the fan can end up overheating and there is the possibility of fire damage.
    These cases are difficult to evaluate and solve from the community, have the equipment checked by a technical service.

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Loud fans during the initial part of the boot process is normal, they typically ramp up full for a bit and then drop back to normal in order to test the speed control. That they don't ramp down and the system doesn't boot is more problematic. It sounds like it's not going through POST. Are you still in warranty? If so it's likely best to go ahead and contact Acer support on the issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

Just in addition to the above and some more info for you, the CPU/GPU fans can be replaced and also you might have a damaged thermal module, which could all contribute to your CPU/GPU overheating, these are the AIO Aspire Z24-880 replaceable components, take the back cover off and undo the 5 x red circled screws to get to the motherboard and thermal module and fans, check these components out and change the appropriate components if they are faulty and also put new paste onto the CPU/GPU, as if all this hasent been done, then for the age of your Z24-880 AIO it most definitely is the cause of the overheating. Also reset the RTC/BIOS battery, by taking the small button battery out and replacing this battery with a new one, as that is also a good thing to do, as it resets the IO chip that control the fan speeds and allot of your AIP PCs functions. Here are some captions of what you should do.

The only thing that is worrying is that your AIO does NOT boot, which is another problem that could be from other sources of your AIO PC, like the woer source or the actual primary stages of you motherboard that needs to be diagnosed by an experienced technician, as its not just a matter of changing parts, so be aware of this too. Good luck and hope this helps you out😁

RTC/BIOS battery