Why no Acer Nitro 5 Brand parts?

Lominoth
Lominoth Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello Acer,

I bought an Acer Nitro 5 back in 2016 and I wanted to say that I am still using it to this day. Although it runs hot and has started to crash due to it hitting it's EOL a LONG time ago it has DEFINITELY put in it's work the last 7-8 years. I had a SSD card crash on me in 2018 and your Tech support/ customer service was on top of it replacing the part at no charge to me while I was literally in china and flying back to and from Wuhan for military drills. I want to say you do have an appreciative fan for your great customer service and robustness of your laptops. However, as I am now moving on in a potential career with a degree in game art (your laptop put in a lot of work running programs like Maya and UE4 for modeling, game development in my time at full sail university studying for my degree.) The problem is that I need a new desktop to further my modeling/ animation career and unfortunately Acer does not provide custom parts for building desktops. Although I do like some of your lineup I'd love to see if I can get more power without compromising some of the things your current desktops do not offer. If Acer made their own custom GPUs, Motherboards, Cases, ect. I would definitely add some of those to my future build. I wish to continue being a loyal customer, but your current lineup sadly would not suit my needs over the next 3-4 years. Are there any plans to change this in the future?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

Acer was never a component manufacturer as you can tell by their PC range. What type of desktop spec are you after? As Acer have started to customize components like the PREDATOR BIFROST Intel® Arc™ A770 OC GPU but that's as far as I've looked into their range of specialized components. If you want a prebuild desktop then Acer has its range of different models, if that is not suitable for you, then building your own is the only option, as I don't see Acer selling PC components like Asus, Gigabyte, MSi etc etc do as that would defeat the purpose of what Acer has been doing since their inception, so don't wait around to build a fully Acer custom component build desktop😁