Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S Wifi driver doesn't start successfully

Options
jrmurray
jrmurray Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

Yesterday my wifi driver on my Predator Helios 300 (SNID: XXXX) stopped working. It was working fine until I plugged it into ethernet to get a faster download. When I unplugged it from the internet it couldn't connect to my router. In network settings it only gave me bluetooth options. I checked to make sure airplane mode was off and confirmed that it was. I checked the device manager and noticed that that the wifi driver had an error. All it told me in properties was that it didn't start properly. I tried restarting the computer, reinstalling the driver and even downloading a new driver off acer and installing that. None of it solved the problem. I ran a full windows defender scan and it didn't find any viruses. The internet only works now when I plug the ethernet cable in. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you solve it?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• jrmurray
    Options

FYI, the model is Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,526 Trailblazer
    Options

I assume that your BT is still working? I believe that is on the same Killer card. If BT is not working uninstall that driver too.

With Device manager uninstall the Wireless Lan driver (Killer) and any other driver with a yellow exclamation mark or Unknown device, also check the hidden devices. Don't install anything, let Windows11 do the installing, reboot.

If you still get Lan driver errors even after installing the latest driver from Acer Support, you may have to replace the WIFI card but I recommend you ask Acer Services in your country do this.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,342 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Just in addition, as I've had allot of mixed experiences with the Killer AX1650i Wi-Fi/BT card (which is an Intel card) which has problems and I'm not surprised that you are having problems with this cards Wi-Fi on your Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S,

Just as an example, on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 laptop this same card refuses to work with any other newer Win-11 driver except the initial Acer oem Killer BT driver Version 22.40.0.2, but the BT is still very hard to connect to sometimes and disconnects and its very troublesome and a pain, but and initially (16 months ago) the Intel Killer Wi-Fi gave me troubles also with the then latest drivers together with the BT and only worked on the oem Acer Killer Wi-Fi and BT drivers, but Intel fixed the Wi-Fi part of this card but not the BT. But now, the Wi-Fi section is working 100% with the latest Wi-Fi Win-11 driver Version 22.200.0.6. I'm also thinking of changing my card to either the Killer AX1675i or the Intel AX211 cards.

Try to completely uninstall all the Wi-Fi and BT drivers see this guide "Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter" and then reinstall your Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-760S oem Acer Killer drivers for Wi-Fi Version 22.130.0.5 and for BT Version: 22.130.0.2 and see if that reinstates the Wi-Fi section of your card. If not, then you need to open the back of your laptop and see if the card is seated properly in its slot, if it is then the card is faulty and needs replacing.

If you need to replace the card, replace the card with the newer Predator PH315-55 model that has the Killer 1675i or the Intel AX211.Wi-Fi/BT cards, as they will work 100%. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

PH315-54 Killer AX1650i or Intel AX201 card

PH315-55 Killer AX1675i or Intel AX211 card

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I suggest you uninstall and delete that driver. Afterwards, restart windows and check if the problem is solved:

If the problem persists, I would try disconnecting the lithium battery and the wireless network card from the motherboard:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jrmurray
    Options

Thanks for the responses. I tried uninstalling the drive and restarting the computer, it didn't work. But it didn't give me the option to delete the drivers when I uninstalled it. I'm going to try a system restore and if that doesn't work I'll open up the laptop and see if I can reseat the adapter. Hopefully I won't need a new one. This laptop is only a few months out of warranty.

• eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,179 Guru
    Options

@jrmurray,

Try completely uninstalling the bluetooth and wireless adapter, checking the option "Delete the driver software for this device". Perform then a full shutdown in Windows:

Try also, install lastest Intel® Killer™ AX1650 v22.220.0.4 driver available here:

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)