Acer ConceptD 300 - Sound Card Upgrade? and if so which on do you recommend?

Options
SnapperSteve
SnapperSteve Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have an Acer ConceptD 300, running Windows 11 Pro, desktop with a Realtek HD sound card. I'm using the PC with DAWs, and have latency and other sound issues at time when the card is overloaded.

Could you tell me if this desktop can take a sound card upgrade, and if so which on do you recommend? Thanks for any advice (be gentle, I'm a newbie).

The rest of the 'spec' is below:

6 core, i5, 10400, 32GB RAM, 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-21WN4A0 (SATA ) 38 °53GB Micron_2210_MTFDHBA1T0QFD (RAID (SSD)),

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The ConceptD 300 CT300-51A has this audio built into the mobo

To upgrade the audio with a card for your Concept D desktop and seeing that the mobo hasn't got an additional PCIe port to fit an internal audio card, your best solution is to use an external sound card like an Astro MixAmp Pro TR which is one of the best and its a USB sound card functionality with Game:Voice Balance, game and voice streaming delivered to PC gamers. No optical port needed, there are other cheaper external audio cards, so look them up as you have allot of choices of diffrent specs that you can buy to suit your application.

Astro MixAmp Pro TR

ConceptD 300 mobo layout

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

We need to know just which Concept D 300 model you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like CT3xx-xxx-xxxx. I believe most of the Concept D desktop models have just the one PCIe slot, typically in use for the GPU, so that leaves the USB ports for a sound card upgrade.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,011 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

The ConceptD 300 CT300-51A has this audio built into the mobo

To upgrade the audio with a card for your Concept D desktop and seeing that the mobo hasn't got an additional PCIe port to fit an internal audio card, your best solution is to use an external sound card like an Astro MixAmp Pro TR which is one of the best and its a USB sound card functionality with Game:Voice Balance, game and voice streaming delivered to PC gamers. No optical port needed, there are other cheaper external audio cards, so look them up as you have allot of choices of diffrent specs that you can buy to suit your application.

Astro MixAmp Pro TR

ConceptD 300 mobo layout

• SnapperSteve
    SnapperSteve Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options