Aspire A515-51G Orange light blinking when plugged in

TeslaSS
TeslaSS Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hi all, I have an Aspire A515-51G laptop (2017 make). The laptop used to work fine, but suddenly it stopped working when not connected to the charger. So I took it to a laptop repair shop that told me that the charger was faulty and it had caused the battery to short. So he gave me a new charger, and it went on working fine for a few days when suddenly the orange light started blinking while plugged on, and it would cause frame rates to drop drastically from 100 to 15 while I was gaming. This continued for 2 days, after which the battery completely stopped working when not plugged in. So I changed the battery, and it worked normally. Now 3 days after changing the battery to a new one, it has again started blinking orange light when I'm plugging in the charger (not always, but sometimes). Also, the laptop, while on the battery, is working fine for now. But I fear it'll soon end up like the old one. I don't know anymore if it was a battery problem, a charger problem or something else. Kindly help. I am attaching the battery report.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers