Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows* driver on Nitro AN515-57

Options
Manuel0
Manuel0 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Picture looks like pixelated when a picture with colour gradient is in display so I thought that drivers might be outdated. I have the Intel driver utility and it says that I can update to Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*, which looks like a good driver on its description but it advises to find the corresponding drivers on the OEM website in case a new driver was uploaded. When I try I can only find vga drivers and they are all for a gpu, uma or from last year or older so I guess they're not what I'm looking for.

Do you think it's a good idea to download the Intel driver?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,917 Trailblazer
    Options

Some models come with both Intel Iris Xe (integrated GPU) + NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX TM 3060 6GB GDDR6 (dedicated GPU),

But apparently Acer is only listing drivers for the RTX 360. Check what you have with HWINFO:

If you see the Intel GPU download that Iris XE driver for your Windows11 version from the Intel Driver Support page, I don't recommend using Intel's driver assistant (can be very messy) but to install the driver manually. Note you need to be running Intel Iris Xe in RAM Dual Channel mode (2x 8GB or 2x 16GB 3200MHz) for the best results.

• Manuel0

Tinkerer

edited May 2023
    Options

@Puraw What if I only have one 16GB stick?

• Manuel0

Tinkerer

Options

What if I only have one memory stick?

Also, I'm getting a pup-up error when I open hwinfo. What is it?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options

Just additional information for you, as I've used the Intel Drive & support software since its release and on many PCs! If you get like pixelated image, go to and open the Intel Graphics Command Centre go to System > Power and set panel Self Refresh to ON, as that will stop the pixelated or any screen flicker, which I found out after installing the latest Intel Graphics drivers with their suggested Intel Drive & Support Assistant Installer.

The Intel Driver & Support scan does install the latest Intel graphics, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but you need to remember that not all new Win-11 drivers work with Acer laptops, as on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 (which is pretty much the same laptop as the AN515-57) any updated Win-11 Bluetooth Intel driver does not work and stops the Bluetooth functioning on my laptop, the only BT drive that my Acer Nitro AN515-56 Killer 1560i card works with is the initial Intel BT driver version 22.40.0.2 which was the 1st driver installed by Acer when I got the laptop new, so in saying all this, this is the same with other Intel drivers, so be careful which driver(s) you install with the Intel Drive & Support Assistant Installer as these new drivers do cause problems.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,917 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Get another 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz module, same CL (not XMP but JEDEC) as the one you have or buy a kit 2x 8GB 3200 MHz.

HWINFO provides excellent e-mail support almost instantaneously, ask them about the AMD issue, I don't know what you are running W10 or W11.

BTW, you are typing my screen name but did not wait or didn't click on the link list, my name should be in green like this @Puraw