Physical damage was caused when ACER tech opened the unit

micahaelacastillo
micahaelacastillo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I brought my device to ACER CYBERZONE SM PALAPALA PHILIPPINES last week 05/13/2023 due to "flickering issue/lagging only" which I was given a Job order of: XXXXXXXXXXX.
I am writing this to file a complaint and ask help to the said ACER Branch above due to the following physical damage:

1. HUGE and VERY VISIBLE HINGE
2. LOOSE LAPTOP SCREEN

According to ACER customer service, the two physical damage was caused when ACER tech opened the unit.

We find this unacceptable, 
first they did not give us proper setting of expectations and did not let us know that there was a hinge and what are the possible outcomes if they will open the unit. Again we only came because of a flickering issue which they identified as an OS issue and fixed as an OS issue. (The unit has no visible hinge from our end upon surrendering the unit at all, screen or laptop monitor was firm and supposed to be not loose).

I would also like to reiterate that the JO form which I signed has a "BLANK" note for the unit physical checklist. Hence, I confirm that we are with zero knowledge that there was a HINGE on the unit which should have been informed to us first if there was.

Now I am left with no assurance if ACER will cover the warranty for this. I pull out my unit because of this misalignment and dissatisfaction. They recommend us to file a warranty but no assurance if ACER will cover.

This is very disappointing and inconvenient from our end, I am using my laptop both for work and business. Now I have no device to use and will cause me even more money and time.

I appreciate any form of assistance and help please.

[Edited the topic title to include the topic issue]

[Edited comment to delete sensitive information]

Answers

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,580 Community Administrator

Hello @micahaelacastillo,

Thank you for your participation in the Acer Community. We are sorry to hear the issue you had while seeking to repair your unit. I would like to clarify that the Acer Community is not a direct portal for Customer service, the Acer forum discussions were designed as a peer-to-peer community where Acer users help other Acer users. I sent you a private message asking for some information in order to escalate this issue, please reply at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid