Acer Aspire TC-1660 - GPU Upgrade to RX 6600

Telharmoniusz
Telharmoniusz Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I own an Aspire TC-1660 Desktop PC (sorry for the link in Italian - I couldn't find one in English with the same specifications) and I would like to upgrade the GPU from the GTX 1650 the PC was sold with to a RX 6600.

My question is: would the new card (200mm*111mm*39mm) physically fit into the case? The single fan GTX 1650 is smaller in size and I think the closest one for reference to the one installed in the TC-1660 is this one.
Furthermore, is the 500W PSU in the prebuilt PC enough for the RX 6600?

I apologise if these questions have been partially answered in another post but I don't consider necroposting an ideal solution.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer

Should fit & work fine with the existing PSU. Except for being slightly thicker (~0.5mm), it's actually smaller than the card in there now. And only uses ~50watts more power under peak load. Should yield noticeable improvement in graphics performance. Go to this link for benchmark comparison.

Jack E/NJ

• Telharmoniusz
    Telharmoniusz Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the answer.

The RX 6600 needs an 8-pin connector and I'm afraid my PSU (LiteON PA-4501-1AC DC.5001B.009) has only 6-pin connectors.
    So I'm still thinking whether to use a 6to8pin adapter as I know it's a controversial matter.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer

A single 6 pin to 8 pin adapter should be OK. But check the PSU cable to see if an 8 pin plug is buried in the bundle since the mainboard accepts this.

Jack E/NJ