X32FP stuck at 160hz and cannot change to any other resolutions

DomLin
DomLin Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I am facing a problem in which my monitor X32FP is stuck at 160hz. The Nvidia control panel and window 11 advanced monitor settings only show 160hz without any other options.

I have tried to reinstall the bios, after installing the monitor bios and in factory mode. I can see the changing fresh rate options as normal. However, when I exit the monitor factory mode. I can still only see the 160hz options. Could anyone help me?

Meanwhile, I also notice the monitor can be changed the fresh rate when connecting with other computers. So I am wondering is there are any settings or connection problems with my current computer and X32FP?

Answers

• DomLin
    DomLin Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi everyone, just solve the problem after a search. Just changing the desktop scaling mode from GPU to Display will help.

• davidoliver
    davidoliver Member Posts: 3 New User

If your X32FP monitor is stuck at 160Hz and you are unable to change to other resolutions, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your graphics driver: Ensure that you have the latest graphics driver installed on your computer. Outdated or incompatible drivers can sometimes cause issues with display settings. Visit the manufacturer's website for your graphics card and download the latest driver version. Install the driver and restart your computer.
    2. Verify monitor capabilities: Confirm that your X32FP monitor supports the desired resolutions and refresh rates. Refer to the monitor's user manual or specifications to ensure that it can indeed handle different resolutions and refresh rates beyond 160Hz.
    3. Adjust display settings in Windows: Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings" or "Screen resolution." In the settings window, check if the desired resolution is available. If it's not listed, click on "Advanced display settings" and then "Display adapter properties." In the adapter properties window, go to the "Monitor" tab and check the "Screen refresh rate" dropdown menu to see if the desired refresh rate is available. If it is, select it and click "Apply."
    4. Test with different cables: Sometimes, using an incompatible or faulty cable can limit the available resolutions and refresh rates. Try connecting your X32FP monitor to your computer using a different cable, preferably a high-quality HDMI or DisplayPort cable, and see if it allows you to change resolutions and refresh rates.
    5. Reset monitor settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the monitor settings to their default values. Look for a "Reset" option in the monitor's OSD (On-Screen Display) menu and select it. This should restore the monitor's settings to their original state.