How do i reset may predator helios 300 into factory/ out of box condition?

Badhan
Badhan Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey, i own a Acer Predator Helios 300 2022 model( i7 12th gen, rtx 3060)

Suddenly my system attacked by a virus when i was trying to install a cracked software( solidworks 2021). I scaned my full laptop with windows defender but it didnt work, later i scaned full laptop with malwarebytes , it detected some virus and also detected some program files those are affected by the virus( predator sense app) and removed them.

Now cant run predator sense app and cant even uninstall because it do not show on applist/control panel/uninstall app list. I downloaded predator sense install file from acer web but when i try to install it says " this app is already installed"

At this moment i want to reset my full laptop into a out of box state beacause my system / windows files are also affected by the virus. So how can i reset my laptop into a out of box state including preinstalled drivers and softwares like( acer care, predator sense)

Thank you for your time. Thankyou eveyone

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

Check if you still have Acer Care Center installed, that has Acer's Recovery procedure and resets the laptop to factory defaults. If that does not work, the hidden recovery volume is corrupted or was removed. Bring your laptop to Acer Services in your country and they will reinstall everything to factory settings, only a small service fee will be charged ($25 in the Philippines).

• Badhan

Hey @Puraw

My laptop still runs/boots the only isssue is now i cant run predador sense and other apps which are affected with virus because when i scaned my pc with malwarebytes it also detected affected program files ( predatorsense is one of them) . But by luck i think acer care center app is not affected because it runs and i also cleaned some junk files with acer care center-cleanup .

Now my question is, does recovery mode has a cloud windows downloading option? Coz i think my some of the windows files are affected and i want a fresh windows without losing my activation/ windows genuine licence.

If recovery mode has a cloud windows download option then i will reset my laptop fully with whole drive cleanup (coz i want a full fresh experience like new , so i dont care about my personal data)

And after fully a fresh reset and drive cleanup, all essential drivers and application like (graphics driver/ bluetooth/mousepad driver/ predator sense / acer care app) already will be there or do i have to install it manually?

Installing it one by one is already so much pain coz i think acer doesnt have any one click driver install system application. If they have let me know, i am so noob about this.

Thank you.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

I recommend what I wrote earlier, to bring your laptop to Acer Services to reset it to factory defaults.

• Badhan

hey few days later i fixed my problem by myself. all i have done is just i have gone to acer care center app-recovery management-reset my pc-remove everything with all drive cleanup-a few restarts and boom. the laptop is now in fresh condition like new and the most interesting part is it already installed all kind of apps and drivers like predator sense, powerdirector ,photodirector ,acer care center and those apps those came with my laptop . so you dont have to download those drivers and softwares from acer website and you also dont have to install it manually.

i think this method that is mentioned above only works if you dont mess up with your laptop hidden recovery drive. if you install other windows/non-oem windows manually by downloading and booting up with your flash drive then this method will not work i think.

i think my virues and completely gone because i removed everything with all drive cleanup. that means my storage is completely empty now.

and somehow you want to reset your laptop but your system dont boot somehow or for your windows file corruption then you can try using alt+F10 method while turning on your system.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Did it install all the newer drivers (if visible for your model in Acer support site)?

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Badhan

I guess not. Those installed driver versions are those versions when i opened my laptop out of box. Only windows version was updated after resetting my laptop. Other wise those drivers was out of box version.

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!