A770 Bifrost GPU not reading extra monitors I wanted to replace my 3060

Options
lorvar
lorvar Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited May 2023 in Acer Software

I received this card on Saturday and have been troubleshooting for 3 days. I wanted to replace my 3060, but so far I've had nothing but misery with this install. HDMI works all the time, Display ports when ever they feel like it and only one will work

Things I've done

Cables replaced on monitors

Cables replaced position wise, both on card and monitors

Bios updated

Card reseated

Drivers removed (DDU) and reinstalled

Every driver version tried

All settings in the BIOS set properly

CMOS reset

Windows reinstalled

I'm about to send this back and just pop my 3060 back in that works right away. Recognizes all my monitors, loads right away.

Before I ditch this brand once and for all, (2 laptops that failed after 1 year) do you think this card is defective?

My set up

ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4
BIOS
Version
Date
4/6/2023
MOTHERBOARD
Manufacturer
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Model
TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4
Version
Rev 1.xx
OPERATING SYSTEM
Edition
Microsoft Windows 11 Home (64-bit)
Version (Build)
22H2 (10.0.22621)
Devices and Drivers
PROCESSOR
12th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-12600K
GRAPHICS
Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics
AUDIO
Realtek High Definition Audio
ASUS Utility
NETWORKING AND I/O
VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1
VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8
Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
TAP-Surfshark Windows Adapter V9
Intel® Ethernet Controller I226-V
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2
Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®
MEMORY
64 GB
Device Details
Physical Memory - Total
64 GB
Physical Memory - Available
53.83 GB
Virtual Memory - Total
67.80 GB
Virtual Memory - Available
54.63 GB
Page File
C:\pagefile.sys
Page File Space
4.00 GB
STORAGE
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Samsung SSD 980 1TB

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options

Every driver version tried

Does this mean you also installed the Acer-flavored driver and app from this link?

Jack E/NJ

• lorvar

Tinkerer

Options

Yes. Seems like a common issue from what I've found. Only way to get a 3rd monitor working is to plug it into the motherboard Displayport.

• JackE
    Options

Others have also recently reported driver issues with this card. Only one that I recall reported satisfaction by uninstalling the Intel generic drivers. Then using FileExplore to delete driver subdirectory remnants that somehow were not completely uninstalled by the uninstall app . Then install the Acer driver. If it was mine and it still didn't work the way I wanted, I'd immediately return it to the vendor as not meeting my expectations for a refund or exchange on another card. I'd do this before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period expires. Usually only a few weeks.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Try installing this driver:

Acer

Predator BiFrost

40.5 MB

2022/10/03

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lorvar

Tinkerer

Options
  • lorvar

Tinkerer

Options

Hello, the link doesn't work

• JackE
    Options

I exchanged it, same thing

Sorry, what I meant was exchange for another brand/model card, not the same BiFrost model. If the vendor doesn't sell comparable other brands/models, than I suggest asking for a refund.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_30.0.101.3262_W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637967447856730545&Step1=ACCESSORIES%20AND%20GADGET&Step2=GRAPHICS%20CARD&Step3=APBF-IA770-16G-OC&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lorvar

Tinkerer

Options

I tried to copy and paste in Chrome, just doesn't work. Maybe email me a download link from Drive or some cloud?

• JackE
    Options

Download doesn't work for me either @egydiocoelho Just re-directs to the Acer error page.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

It's easier to just go to the Acer support site and download the driver from there. Those direct links are often locale specific…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

It's apparently a different version than that currently available on the support site.

Jack E/NJ

• lorvar

Tinkerer

edited May 2023
    Options

Ok update. I was looking for some solutions online thinking it was the version of Displayport that was causing a conflict and came across this video. The monitor I have is almost the same as this one. It worked…..😯

DisplayPort No Signal EASY Fix

This has so far, (knock on wood), fixed the issue. You have to turn off the monitor, unplug it for 30 sec (I did a minute) then I plugged in the DP cable into the card while the computer was off. Then I plugged in the power cable to the monitor. Then I pressed the power button on the monitor and turned on the computer. Everything showed up. I tried restarting, hibernation, sleep and powering off the computer completely. All restarted the 3 monitors in these scenarios. If anything changes, I'll update this post.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options

Just off this subject, can you please tell me how you are finding the ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI D4 mobo? As a friend want me to build him a desktop system with the ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI DDR5 not the DDR4, so how are you finding this mobo operation in gaming and with 64GB ram, what speed ram are you using, as I want to advise him to either get the DDR4 or DDR5. Thanks

• lorvar

Tinkerer

Options

I'm not a gamer. I needed to set up a new video editing /graphic station from scratch. A lot of research pointed me to keeping a DDR4 configuration for both cost, performance and accessibility. I read that the chips for the DDR5 are in low supply. I also saw the latency numbers and that again pointed me back to DDR4.

This is the memory I went with. They also have a non RGB version. This along with my i7-13700k I just swapped in (had the i5 12600k for 3 weeks) and the Arc A770, the render /export times are mind boggling for my videos. I've been doing this for 25 years and the technology is so advanced. A simple graphic over a 30 second video use to take 4 hours to export back then. Now it takes 5-7 seconds. It's crazy lol.

Timetec Pinnacle Konduit RGB 64GB KIT(4x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 CL16-18-18-38 XMP2.0 Overclocking 1.35V Dual Rank Compatible for AMD and Intel Desktop Gaming PC Memory Module - Black https://a.co/d/fpOGHuZ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lorvar

Tinkerer

Options

I solved the problem with the video I posted and the link you provided is for the latest Acer version, not 3262 like you initially linked. Thanks anyway for the help. I just reset the monitor and it works.

• JackE
    Options

Then I pressed the power button on the monitor and turned on the computer.

Thanks for report. The Acer user manuals usually recommend first turning on the monitors. Waiting a few moments. Then turning on the PC. This seems to confirm this recommendation.

Jack E/NJ

• lorvar

Tinkerer

Options

My monitors are always on. Pulling the power cord for 30 seconds was the difference.