Nitro AN517-52 Can this laptop be upgraded? Video Card? CPU?

MrDarkwolfe
MrDarkwolfe Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey Peoples…

I've had the Nitro AN517-52 Gaming Laptop for a couple of years now, it's too soon to go out and buy a new Laptop. Can I upgrade the Video and the CPU?? Most of the games I want to play lately are asking for a newer Video Card than what I have on this machine.

If anyone has a good answer for this (Acer Tech Support??) I would really appreciate it. I did not see anything in the documentation that I ave seen so far. I am going to see what Acer has on their Documents section for this model laptop.Hope there is something new with a good word for me…

Thanks again folks. And this being my first post on this site, I'm hoping for some good responses.

Until next time we meet …🤠

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,865 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

NO the CPU/GPU can't be upgraded only if you change to a more upper spec mobo that your AN517-52 came with, as no other mobo will fit. The only upgrades that yo can do is to upgrade the ram of this laptops max total to 32GB at DDR4-3200MHz CL22 (2x 16GB) type ram and to also run ram at dual channel, which is the most affective.

Also upgrade this laptops M.2 SSD#1 boot drive that is a PCIe Gen.3x4 type slot, to a fast drive like either the 1TB WD SN750 Black or a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO drive (which are the quickest drives) and will run at max PCIe3x4 speed, as this laptops SSD #2 port (and all Nitro SSD#2 ports) runs at half the speed and upgrading the SSD#2 drive will make no difference to performance of your laptop. Of course you need to have Win-11, NVidia and Intel drivers up to date as a combination of these factors will make your AN517-52 run to its peak performance. Btw, I've got an AN515-56 and I've done all the above and my laptop runs faultlessly, fast and without any problems and its a very good gaming and general use high end laptop.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

its not possible to change the CPU or GPU im afraid,tey are soldered onto the mainboard

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,865 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

NO the CPU/GPU can't be upgraded only if you change to a more upper spec mobo that your AN517-52 came with, as no other mobo will fit. The only upgrades that yo can do is to upgrade the ram of this laptops max total to 32GB at DDR4-3200MHz CL22 (2x 16GB) type ram and to also run ram at dual channel, which is the most affective.

Also upgrade this laptops M.2 SSD#1 boot drive that is a PCIe Gen.3x4 type slot, to a fast drive like either the 1TB WD SN750 Black or a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO drive (which are the quickest drives) and will run at max PCIe3x4 speed, as this laptops SSD #2 port (and all Nitro SSD#2 ports) runs at half the speed and upgrading the SSD#2 drive will make no difference to performance of your laptop. Of course you need to have Win-11, NVidia and Intel drivers up to date as a combination of these factors will make your AN517-52 run to its peak performance. Btw, I've got an AN515-56 and I've done all the above and my laptop runs faultlessly, fast and without any problems and its a very good gaming and general use high end laptop.

• MrDarkwolfe
    MrDarkwolfe Member Posts: 3 New User

Thanks to all of you. A quick response. I did not think it would be up-gradable but I did have to check in and see if that was indeed correct.