ACER V206HQL - Monitor buttons not working, moving on their own

Options
Dersomberlain
Dersomberlain Member Posts: 2 New User

So, today my buttons started moving on their own. The only butttons that work are 3-4-5-POWER, the settings are stuck on input and it won't get out of there. Whenever I press the buttons, the cursor stops moving and starts again when I release the buttons. No recent hardware/software changes

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Those front buttons on your monitor are probably dirty or have sediments that are restricting their functions, use an electronic circuitry spay to clean the buttons out, make sure that you turn the monitor off and take the monitor out of the mains power before you spray the cleaner onto these buttons and let them dry for 10min before turning the monitor on, if this does not fix the buttons, then those buttons are faulty and need replacing.

Spray the highlighted buttons with the circuitry cleaning spay.

• Dersomberlain
    Dersomberlain Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Ok, thanks. I'll do that as soon as possible. Although I need to add something: the cause of the buttons malfunctioning was water I tried using silica gel to remove it from there, but it did not work. The monitor stopped working for a while but then it came back with the buttons 3 4 5 and power. And like noted in the post, the inly button that works at its fullest is power.Which brand is a good one? I've never bought a circuitry spray before. From Brazil btw