Acer Nitro 5 Power Indicator LED blinking randomly

TImax
TImax Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I noticed this issue today. But I don't know whether this happens before or not. The issue is the Power Indicator LED of my Acer Nitro 5 (Model is AN515-52) is blinking randomly. But my laptop is working fine without any issues yet. The Battery Indicator LED is working normally without any kind of blinking when the charger is connected. I tried restarting, shutting down and disconnecting the power cable but nothing changed. I have attached a video of the blinking thing. Please refer to that video. All answers are appreciated. Thank You!

The video is below

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,938 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

Power issue, if this is happening on idle check the adapter plug in your DC port if the fit is really tight. When you wiggle or move the plug that charge light should not react (flicker). If it reacts you have a bad plug, get a new adapter.

It could also be a firmware issue, reset your BIOS to factory defaults, exit and reboot, in Device manager uninstall your battery drivers and reboot.

Create also a battery report in Windows maybe that shows something in the charge history.

• TImax

Thanks for your answer but I think you misunderstood the question. The Battery indicator/Charge indicator is working fine. It doesn't blink at all. It is just changing color from Blue to Amber when charging or blinks in Amber color when low battery (1s interval between blinks I think). The issue with the Power Indicator LED. Please refer to the following image.

• Puraw

I understood your question, should have said Power instead of charge light, but the checking remains valid, the power LED will react to a loose plug in the DC port, check that. The 2 battery drivers and BIOS also control the adapter power, uninstall those too. BTW are you perhaps using Acer Care Center with the Battery Limiter option (80% max. charge)?

Maybe no need to make that battery report although it could reveal interruptions in the power.

• TImax

I see. I checked the Power LED by wiggling and moving the power cable and it didn't react it. I used Acer Care Center when I'm on Windows 11 Home. But now I have Windows 11 Pro and the Acer Care Center isn't opening at all. It displays a notification that says "Acer Care Center is initializing". Also, I didn't see any battery limitation option on Acer Care Center either. Maybe you have an updated version I think. Could you please attach a screenshot of that option? However, I will uninstall those mentioned drivers and get back soon. Thank You!

• Puraw

Do not use Acer Care Center, I uninstalled it years ago, it interferes with Windows11 (update and Power Plan) and I noticed that the latest ACC version has a battery limiter option that causes all sorts of battery issues posted on this forum. So no bad plug issue, hmmm