Acer Aspire TC-780 Will not turn on after replacing CPU Fan

Options
2»

Answers

• Techflash
    Techflash Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Options

My guess is that I have a dead CPU, but I just wanted to see if anybody here knew if these symtoms are known to be from a specific issue.
    If that is the case, than I think I might just have to get a new PC to use as a server. By the way, I never did get an answer about this one, does Acer offer some sort of recycling program where I could send this computer back to be recycled? If not I'll probably just drop it off at a local station.

• Techflash
    Options

Also, i just ruled out dead PSU, I tried one that I know works, and it has the same issue.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, likely it's going to be the motherboard, unfortunately. Here are the first few steps the system does for initialization:

The issue with deeper diagnosis is that those checkpoints require a special piece of hardware in order to view, and that typically means a trip to the service center, which likely isn't warranted on a machine that's 3-4 years old. A failure during those first few steps would be where the long beep occurs, and we don't seem to get there. Just for completeness sake, here are the next few steps:

Next up is the boot block recovery code checkpoints:

And finally POST starts:

And from there the OS loads…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Techflash
    Options

Oh well. At least now I know. My previous question still stands though, does Acer offer some sort of recycling program where I could safely dispose of this machine?

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Techflash,

If you are looking to recycle your PC and if you are from United states, i would request you to refer to the below link.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/about/recycling/recycling-pc

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel