Acer predator Helios 500 won’t turn on, please help

TShahin2004
TShahin2004 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello there, I’m new to this community and not very knowledgeable on technology. My Acer predator Helios 500 refuses to turn on, I’ve looked around the internet and saw a few answers but none of them have worked which includes pressing the power button for 60 seconds after waiting 30 minutes with no peripherals plugged in and plugging them back in. My laptop is at full charge as indicated by the blue charging LED but the LED to indicate power does not light up whatsoever. There have also been posts detailing a small pin hole at the bottom of the laptop which I have not been able to find supposedly indicating that the battery is removeable which I also don’t know how to remove. Any assistance will be appreciated as all my work is on there and need the files on there ASAP. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Pinhole on the bottom isnt n ebery laptop :) Does anything happen at all when you press the power key? If nothing at all, and holding power doesnt work the only thing to suggest is calling the service centre for an rma :(

• Hello! Can you provide the exact model? Example: PH315-55-5890. The notebook's battery is internal, being necessary to disassemble the lower case.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Khelgar
    Khelgar Member Posts: 44 Devotee WiFi Icon

I had a similar issue recently with the AMD version of the Predator 500. After accidentally clicking restart instead of shutdown, i pressed the power button in a hurry and shut the laptop down without waiting for the restart cycle to complete. The next time i opened the laptop, there was no screen, and the thing was stuck in an eternal boot loop.

Not sure what exactly solved the issue, but first i tried that holding down power button trick. Before that i even tried to remove the cmos battery, but to my dismay is wasn't removable (i think) and broke the plastic holder. (Luckily electro taping it in place seems to be working now.)

Lastly, i put the bios file in a usb stick and tried to flash it after powering the laptop up while holding fn+esc key. Again not sure if it worked, but after waiting for a while the screen suddenly came alive. Shortly after even that annoying predator sound playing, which i had previously disabled in the bios. After that everything is working again. Weird af.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,159 Trailblazer

If my Aspire laptop is turned off and plugged in to the adapter there is only 1 LED light on; blue with a fully charged battery or orange if the battery is not full, If no battery inside no LED light will show.

You have no reset pinhole so to do this Power Drain procedure you will have to open the laptop and disconnect the battery. If you don't like to do that or think that will void the Acer warranty, bring/send your laptop to Acer Services in your country for checking. If you want to open your laptop this is the Power Drain procedure:

Unplug the power adapter, open the back of your laptop, disconnect the battery cable to the motherboard, connector may be tight, use your fingernails to wiggle the plug out carefully.

Press the Power Button for 2 full minutes keeping the button pressed down, don't toggle the button.

Release the Power Button and wait a while. First test if the laptop will start without a battery, close the back (without screws) and plug in the adapter, try to start your laptop. If that works, unplug the adapter, open the back and reconnect the battery cable plug to the motherboard socket. Close the back cover and try to start with battery only, if that does not work you have a battery issue, plug in the adapter and try to start, if that also does not work the battery has a dead cell blocking the power from the adapter. Hope everything will work normally.

• rajeevp
    rajeevp Member Posts: 5 New User

same issue for me . How to fix it ? How did it fixed for you finally ?