Looking to Overclock my monitor [ acer predator XB323QK NV ] refresh rate from 144Hz to 280Hz

johnKorea
johnKorea Member Posts: 2 New User

What is the best way to achieve an OC with this monitor, is it possible through the setting on the monitor itself or will I have to use 3rd party software.
the retailer I noticed this feature specified said 280Hz was possible but they're the only ones that advertised it, I have found no discussion or article stating this capability.

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/58854/acer-predator-xb323qk-uhd-144hz-g-sync-ips-31-5in-monitor

any advice would be much appreciated.

Answers

• johnKorea
    johnKorea Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2023

ah yep, i had a go at using Nvidias control panel>Change resolution>customise to change the refresh rate, got discouraged because after boosting the refresh rate [by 10 or so) my screen turned black, but tried doing it again only increasing it by 1 frame per test, I'm glad to report i can boost my Hz from 144 to 145 without getting visual aids all over my screen, a huge success!

bit disappointing as I bought this monitor to play e sports games at a high refresh rate, can't have it all I guess.

will using Overclocking utility programs yield the same result?
    I'll test and find out

what is a popular/good Overclocking program

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Spec says it's a 144Hz monitor… I'm not sure why you think it could overclock that much over spec.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.