New Predator Orion 3000 PO3-640G-UR11- 3rd monitor not receiving a signal

Options
Lilaq
Lilaq Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in Predator Desktops

I have a new Orion 3000 PO3-640G-UR11. I just tried to add a 3rd monitor and my PC recognizes all 3 monitors (all 3 are ASUS VA24EHE) in BOTH the Win11 display settings and in the nVidia control panel, BUT the 3rd screen says no signal. I have the latest nVidia driver and the monitor drivers. 2 of the monitors are plugged into the DisplayPorts and one is plugged into the HDMI. No matter how I rotate the ports/cables around, the PC will only display on whichever monitor is plugged into the HDMI port and ONE Display Port, and ignores the other monitor plugged into a Display Port. So all 3 monitors work, but will only display on the one plugged into HDMI and one of the two plugged into the Display Ports. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?? Thank you!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

So do all three ports on the GPU function? It's not enough to test that all three monitors work on a known good port, you also should test that a known good monitor works on all three GPU ports. IIRC your 3060 have three DPs and an HDMI, do all three work when all connected to DP?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lilaq
    Lilaq Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Problem has been fixed FINALLY!! Turns out the problem was due to the cables I was using for the monitors (the ones that came with each monitor - HDMI TO HDMI, so had to use adapters (HDMI to Display Port) on 2 of the monitors and then plug one into the ONLY HDMI jack on the PC. That caused the above issue (no worky). So then I ordered 3 HDMI to Display Port cables on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FBGNR8C?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Turned off the PC, redid all the cables with the above and BOOM, fixed! THANK GOODNESS!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That 'fix' sounds like it's still just masking the actual problem. You are now using the three DP ports to drive your three monitors, but the HDMI port itself isn't working. As long as you are still in warranty I'd have Acer repair things to have all four ports on the GPU card work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.