I want my ACER XB270H monitor to work as expected

Options
Loffas
Loffas Member Posts: 1 New User

The ACER XB270H (A) monitor is not really plug and play. No drivers can be found on ACER website.
How can I get my Acer XB270H A monitor to work as expected?

On a fresh installed computer:

The monitor has and can only use 4:3 scale.

It can only have resolutions 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600.

It can only have refreshrate of 60Hz.

Please add drivers to your support site. ACER have gotten away with not having to add drivers to there support site by releying on shaddy third party sites for way to long. With win 8 and win 7 some half decent websites offered drivers so that a ACER customer could get there monitors to work. This is not the case with win 10 (or 11). Now only fake websites with viruses offers "drivers" for ACERs products.
Please fix.

Pro tip: This is a MAJOR issue for your company. Kick this up a few notches in the hierarchy so a decision on adding drivers for your products on your own website can be made.

Best regard
Anders Sjögren

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

That sounds like the GPU isn't being recognized on the computer. What shows up in Device Manager? I'm guessing Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, judging by those resolutions. There is no driver needed for plug and play monitors like yours.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.