Acer Predator Bug in Bifrost App for intel ARC A770 RGB control problem

Options
Mad_Arson
Mad_Arson Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in Predator Laptops

i wanted to report BUG that if you have integrated GPU enabled with Arc A770 at the same time. Bifrost app detect both cards which you can select but thats not the thing the thing is if you select ARC A770 you can control OC but changes to the LEDs wont be loaded. but if you select in my case intel igpu 770 and enter in pulsar light control and start changing settings it will change them for ARC. i hope you can fix it soon also would love to be able to control lights via for example OpenRGB or at last with motherboard light controls like MSI Mystic Light or ASUS Aura etc. so i can sync All lights together not having to use 5 diffirent apps.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

Another user has reported that installing the latest Intel A770 app from Intel downloads resolves some bugs but only AFTER first uninstalling the old A770 app in Control Panel programs PLUS deleting the old BiFrost subdirectory in C : \ ProgramFiles.

Jack E/NJ

• Mad_Arson
    Mad_Arson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

yeah no uninstalling programs deleting folders and reinstalling them did not fixed the RGB problem it is still like the RGB settings are hard connected to the igpu when present and active but they change lights on gpu its not breaking bug or something its just inconvinient. you want change rgb ok then select igpu and choose colours lighting mode etc. but want to control actual gpu performance modes switch back to gpu. the lights will keep their settings when switching back to gpu. its just the question why app can even detetect Igpu as you can't control its oc through it. is it just to steal RGB settings to just having to do that one more unnecesary click.

• Pyroxene
    Pyroxene Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Predator software version 1.0.104.0 - any driver over 31.0.101.4577 the RGB just does not function.. is there any fix for the rgb control yet?

• poit570
    poit570 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just wanted to thank you for this comment. Shortly after installing the Predator Bifrost app, I was able to control the lighting. After playing around with settings on my new computer and other RGB components, I lost the ability to control the lights on my graphics card.

After reading your post, I found that I can control the lighting again when switching to Intel UHD Graphics 770, but not when Predator Intel Arc 770 is selected. It seems odd that this hasn't been resolved in the last 7 month since this thread was started.

• schancy13
    schancy13 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I also want to report this identical bug using 1.0.166.0 as of 4/12/24 - upon first boot, the RGB profile is not loaded - just the default profile. I have a 12700k with the igpu. If I open the Predator software, switch to the igpu, the RGB profile I programmed starts working, and will do so until next reboot. It even works properly upon the PC going to sleep and waking, but first boot it always sets the A770 Bifrost card to default RGB. Very frustrating for my daughter's build to have to keep opening the Predator software and switching the GPUs at the bottom just to make the profile 'stick.' It is a workaround for now, but a frustrating one.

Hope this helps others having the same issue. I thought about disabling the igpu since I have a dedicated graphics card, but that means I can't use DeepLink technology to supplement the GPU with the igpu for rendering. Thanks.